Respected Contributor

Calling monicakm

[ Edited ]

I see the mod removed your post because of the photo. Please let us know what happens with sweet Frankie. The situation is urgent and can become medical emergency if not handled quickly. I know you are doing what you need to. 

hugs and prayers.  Suzy

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling monicakm

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

Is the dog wearing a cone, as it looks like she has licked the incision too much?

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

I see the mod removed your post because of the photo. Please let us know what happens with sweet Frankie. The situation is urgent and can become medical emergency if not handled quickly. I know you are doing what you need to. 

hugs and prayers.  Suzy

Is that why it was removed, gee we want to see how frankie is.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe someone complained about the photo. I hope that Monicakm lets us know how Frankie is doing.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I see the mod removed your post because of the photo.

That is absurd!  This is a pet forum.  Is everything roses here or are pet lovers allowed to have pet problems???  I couldn't have described this.  People would have said, "can you take a picture?"  A picture is worth 1000 words and this needed to be seen for HELP.  There is no after-hours phone number for either location.  I did find a Facebook page and an email.  Keeping my fingers crossed that someone is checking messages.  

She may indeed have licked it.  She can get her E-collar off.  I tightened it as much as I felt I could but she is still able to remove it.   DH put her in bed with us and I sleep with her leash around my hand so she can't jump down.  I think she would be more inclined to lick her incision if left alone in her kennel.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

She was given a cone but won't keep it on.  I've tightened it as much as I feel I can but she can still take it off Smiley Sad  We haven't actually seen her lick it but knowing dogs, I would feel safe in saying she has.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Thank you.  Makes absolutely no sense (sigh).  

NO after hours phone number for either of the vet locations.

I've posted on their FB page and sent an email.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I'm just seeing @fairydogmother's post. 

DH is watching football. I will go ask him what he thinks. I know sometimes he is reluctant to give advice unless it's general, but this is important. BRB!  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

While I was out, I saw someone replied "TMI" 🙄 Face With Rolling Eyes Emoji | Eyeroll Emoji

Frankie seems comfortable but dogs often do for people.  She just ate dinner and has had water so that's a good sign.  She had a pain pill about 4 hours ago tho.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Not trying to shrug this off as nothing, but to me it looks like the dog has been overlicking the incision.  I personally would dab it clean it with soapy water and maybe even squirt a diluted solution of peroxide on it, but the big thing is she's licking it every chance she gets.