Honored Contributor

@CamilleP   I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt but I've got to get her to a new vet asap so I'll just wait and see what he has to say.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

Thank you.  I will consult her vet first...when she actually has a vet Smiley Sad  She's still doing well.  The redness continues to lessen and she continues to act like nothing ever happened to her.  

Today I learned she does not like to go out in the rain to use the bathroom.  I didn't think she would mind since she's mostly Golden Retriever AND poodles were a retrieving dog as well (back in the olden days).  I had to push her out the door.  She ran out to the yard, peed and ran right back in. 

Her daddy can take her out to finish her business when he gets home. 

@monicakm - She sounds so precious! My kind of girl- I would run out and run back in too! 

DH said she might have a little scar, but it's "no big deal. Her fur will cover it."   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

She is the sweetest, most laid back dog I think we have ever had.  Maybe Carly, one of our two chocolate labs would have been that same type of  house dog but they were both outside dogs until Carly got old and sick with kidney failure.  We brought her in to spend the rest of her life.  She died in my arms Loudly Crying Face on Samsung Six weeks later, I was still in deep mourning.  A tornado came thru and when it was safe to go out, I found a dog, dingo, wolf, coyote on the patio.  I wasn't sure what he was but mentioned those animals to my husband.  He (dog) ran off but he came back.  I cleaned out my fridge to feed the poor starving thing and make him want to stay.  We don't know for sure what he is but the vet suggested Australian Cattle Dog/Dingo mix and Shiba Inu.  A trip to the vet showed a bullet was caused the gapping hole in his back (when I found him).  He was hungry and full of fleas.  Two months later I took him for a heartworm test...positive Loudly Crying Face on Samsung He was in the coughing stage.  Four months of intense treatment and keeping him as still as we could (kenneled and on a leash to use the bathroom) he got a clean bill of health.  That was 2016 and he's still with us Smiley Happy  He's old and I don't think he'll last more than another year. There is no doubt in my mind that God and Carly sent us Howie and there is no doubt that God and my brother sent us sweet Frankie.  A Malinios might be my ultimate dream dog but God knew I needed a big ol' lazy lap dog lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling monicakm

[ Edited ]

Thank you for sharing this @monicakm. As the wife of a veterinarian I've seen everything throughout the years, but I can always tell a special person by the pets who choose "them."  You have opened your home and your hearts over and over again to pets who needed you. Your pets have been blessed by being part of your family and they have blessed you with unconditional love and loyalty. 

What more could any of us want?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me Smiley Happy  Thank you SO much.  I've never met a dog I didn't like.  My husband gets on to me at the vet's clinic as I go around to all the dogs, hold their faces in my hands and say "I just love  you!" LOL  I can think of one dog that I was afraid of and his owners made him that way on purpose because the husband was often out of town for weeks at a time for work.  That little squirt of a dog could put me in my car FAST!

Little Frankie Doodle Poodle helped herself to the 3in foam mattress topper on my bed Smiley Surprised  I had taken the mattress pad off to wash it.  Uh oh Smiley Surprised  DH turned it over and put the part she chewed at the end of the bed.  It doesn't appear that she ate any of it.