Respected Contributor

Re: Calling dog owners in Phoenix area

@lilypadfrog  Happy Birthday to your sweet doggie 🤗

Esteemed Contributor

I know what you mean. This week will be brutal. 

Target and probably Amazon have dog shade canopy's which might help. Or maybe something like this.

3D256FF9-8DDC-4D9D-A1A5-0F5A7A088CA4.jpeg

Amazon has a beach shade thing

B8E19BD1-1D21-493D-BF00-4B2980AA52FF.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

I take my 12 lb. maltipoo in a pet stroller to the nearest grass area in my community.  I also live in AZ. He loves riding in the stroller when hot out. I also bring water.

Super Contributor

Cappie,  my neighbors saw a pack of 9 coyotes running down our street early today.  Even when I take her out late afternoon or night in my own backyard, I always carry a heavy baseball bat.  The closest grass area, even if I had permission of a neighbor, is over a block away.  Everyone has landscape rock.

We do have coyote problems around here.  I have seen them on top of block walls so I know they can jump that high.

I wish I could take her out in a stroller or wagon.  We walk in the fall and winter relatively safely but not spring or summer.

Respected Contributor

@lilypadfrog @just curious why does she have to go out every 3-4 hours ar night?  A healthy adult should be able to go all night.

Super Contributor

Shawnee, I have had her checked by her doctor for possible kidney problems but she is fine.  At night she will hear something and want to check it out.  During the day, she'll see something to check out.  She always piddles a little so it's easier to take her out.  With the heat, supposed to be 115 this weekend, I have been trying to make that 3-4 hours into longer.  The grass is ok to walk on til about 11 a.m. then is too hot until 5 or 6.  I have been trying to adjust her outside times to avoid this 7 hour window.  It sounds so easy to do ie throw a puppy pad down but it's not.  That's why I came to the pet loving people here.