Super Contributor

A few weeks ago I asked if anyone had any experience using CBD oil for anxiety in a dog.  My dog had pain issues and anxiety issues that were turning into reactivity and aggression.  My treatment choices were Prozac and Valium or CBD oil.  I decided to go with CBD oil for a month.  

As with all treatments, I am sure it depends upon the individual dog and their particular issues, but CBD oil has exceeded my expectations!  

She still has panosteitis and takes rimadyl.  I can tell that she is still in pain sometimes and gets really anxious.  However, I give her another dose of CBD oil, either in treat form or oil drops, and she can calm down instead of going bonkers.  

We can go back to short walks without her lunging at every thing she sees .... animate or inanimate.   She is still a little skittish and shy, but that's who she is.  With the CBD oil she is able to respond to us rather than just reacting. 

We still haven't been able to bring our other dog home, but we are working on that.   

I just wanted to share our experience in case someone else has an anxious dog or dog in pain.   

Respected Contributor

Re: CBD oil for Dogs .. Update

This is wonderful news, thank you for the update.

Did your traditional vet perscribe/dose the CBD oil or did you see a Holistic vet?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The traditional vet suggested both options.  One of the vets in the clinic preferred the CBD oil since  my dog was already showing signs of aggession, which is a possible side effect of Valium and Xanax.   Also, they showed me some test results from Cornell University in which this company's CBD oil reduced pain in dogs.  The vet would like to reduce our use of Rimadyl since my pup was less than a year old. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The local pet store is now selling CBD oil for your pet.  I thought this was interesting, the manager said some clients are purchasing for themselves.  @juanitalinda  I'm happy this is helping your little girl and glad the vet is recommending.  Are you watching the free Sacred Plant series on the Internet?  Amazing how this has helped so many with serious conditions.

Occasional Contributor

So glad to hear the CBD oil is working for your girl.  Would you mind sharing the brand name that you've purchased?  I'd like to try it for my girl in anticipation of next weekend's fireworks.  She has a complete meltdown and it's so upsetting for all of us.  Thanks so much.

Super Contributor

My vet recommended Ellevet since they had scientific evidence for the pain control so I've been using their oil.

When we are expecting something out of the ordinary (like bringing over our older dog) I've been supplementing with Treatibles biscuits.  

Honored Contributor

I'm giving you the GOLD STAR for the CBD for you dog. You know what this is - plant oil extract. Those other two drugs - yeah bad drugs.

Give your dog a hug, she or he will hug you back!

QVC Customer Care