Respected Contributor

Re: CAT acting BAD...on purpose

Also, if your cat doesn't like a harness, you can get a cat "walking jacket" which is more secure but less bothersome as a harness with just straps.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

The opossum protecting her young may be a surprising aggressive threat to you as well. Get an exterminator hired to collect the possum babies and humanely capture the adult and have the “family” relocated to a place other than your yard. You enjoy being in their feral company more than your cat’s companionship?

For a reasonable charge and professional services, your outdoor area can be free of critters (what makes you think the young possums will grow up and leave home instead of further populating your nice yard?).

You also can establish a gate (buy it in a pet store) to give your kitty free range within the house except near the room where the slider is. Locking Socks up in one room is far different and more restrictive than having access to his normal territory throughout your interior except for the gated part. 

Perhaps you are thinking a lot like a human, but not much like a cat. Makes perfect sense since you are human, but you challenge your cat’s needs and produce stress in his environment. Solve this with better effort and some monetary investment instead of assuming your cat is willful and destructive effecting deliberate retribution toward you.  Cats are not all that smart. But you are. 

Thank you so much, I really appreciated your comments.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Also, if your cat doesn't like a harness, you can get a cat "walking jacket" which is more secure but less bothersome as a harness with just straps.

Thanks, I will also look into a walking jacket.

in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

I thought about you & Socks this morning.  Did socks get to go outside with you today and sit on the swing?  If so, was he happy?  I'll bet that time with you is the highlight of his day and he likely looks forward to it each & every day.  He knows the signal that the door to his happy time is about to open.  He sounds like a wonderful cat that loves you very much.  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
New Contributor

I don't think soaks threwuo on purpose but kitties do get revenge....I have three (have had kitties since the 70s) and these buggers know what they do.

I have been away for two weeks and I hear one is doing his business behind a chair which has happened before......and little Anna such a sweetie but if she d doesn't get her BEWARE....something is its way.

These little  creatures know what they are doing at all times...that's why they are smarter then we ever be.

Trusted Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

I thought about you & Socks this morning.  Did socks get to go outside with you today and sit on the swing?  If so, was he happy?  I'll bet that time with you is the highlight of his day and he likely looks forward to it each & every day.  He knows the signal that the door to his happy time is about to open.  He sounds like a wonderful cat that loves you very much.  

Hello Ms. Havarti

Yes, Sock and I went outside twice yesterday.

We sat on the swinging chair for about 10 minutes then...BAM.....off he went to run into the yard.  I caught him but I was like....yep...I need to invest in the cat leach mentioned by my QVC Friends.

in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@elinor wrote:

I don't think soaks threwuo on purpose but kitties do get revenge....I have three (have had kitties since the 70s) and these buggers know what they do.

I have been away for two weeks and I hear one is doing his business behind a chair which has happened before......and little Anna such a sweetie but if she d doesn't get her BEWARE....something is its way.

These little  creatures know what they are doing at all times...that's why they are smarter then we ever be.

Oh Ms. Elinor:

Your cat doing his business behind the chair is "ACTING A FOOL" as the saying goes...

Cats do bring so much joy to the home but they can act up!!!

in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

Nomless is 100% correct. and PS -

PLEASE DO NOT ACTUALLY DISCIPLINE YOUR CAT

1. the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.