Esteemed Contributor

My Eddy has a skin tag and I've been looking for a "natural" remedy.  I'v read that ta tree oil is very good for various skin problems, including skin tags. But, not sure if this would be safe and effective for my boy.

Any advice? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  Tee tree oil didnt do a thing for me but burn my skin.  I'd just leave the skin tag alone and point it out to the vet on your next visit.  You could do more harm than good. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@eddyandme  Tee tree oil didnt do a thing for me but burn my skin.  I'd just leave the skin tag alone and point it out to the vet on your next visit.  You could do more harm than good. 

@Kachina624, my vet has not opted to remove it because he felt Eddy had been through so much, unless it seemed to bother him. So, cutting if off is out of the question and was looking for something natural.  I'm always afraid I'm gonna hurt it somehow when we snuggle.  

Trusted Contributor

My baby girl had a papilloma virus (warts).  I put vitamin E on them twice a day. They are gone. I use the capsules. 

Honored Contributor

I thought I had read that tea tree oil is harmful to dogs, so I Googled it.  I hesitate to post a link in case my post is removed.  The first thing that came up was an article by Mercola that said it is harmful unless it's diluted by a certain amount.  You might want to Google it if you really want to use it.  I would be afraid of it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

My oldest golden kooper, he is 14 plus years,has fatty tumors one is fairly large ,was removed once ,but grew back, i hit it with a brush last week while grooming him,well it started to have liquid coming from it ,i started using hybiclens on it ,and using atopical spray on it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I had skintags once,i started twisting them ,they fell off, if his skin tag is where he can not get to it, i would try tea tree oil.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had skintags once,i started twisting them ,they fell off, if his skin tag is where he can not get to it, i would try tea tree oil.

@goldensrbest@Dawnie

@goldensrbest, No it's right on the very back of his leg so he can reach it. I'm getting the hepiclens from Prime; what kind of atopical spray do you use.  Had originally thought tea tree might help because he ws found dragging his legs on the sidewalks in Manhattan and figured he may have picked up some fugus that turned into a tag (?). But don't want to use tea tree, hav read you can use veg/coconut oil with it, but don't want to take any chances. Can you give me the name of the spray you use?

@Dawnie, which brand vitamn e do you use.  Plan to also try this on Eddy.

Thanx!

Esteemed Contributor
I use Tea Tree for various purposes on ME. Its toxic to cats at any dilution so please get your vet's blessing before you use it on your dog. If Eddy's health and liver function aren't tip-top your vet may advise against it.
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest@Dawnie

@goldensrbest, No it's right on the very back of his leg so he can reach it. I'm getting the hepiclens from Prime; what kind of atopical spray do you use.  Had originally thought tea tree might help because he ws found dragging his legs on the sidewalks in Manhattan and figured he may have picked up some fugus that turned into a tag (?). But don't want to use tea tree, hav read you can use veg/coconut oil with it, but don't want to take any chances. Can you give me the name of the spray you use?

@Dawnie, which brand vitamn e do you use.  Plan to also try this on Eddy.

Thanx!

Look at either topix,or vetericyn plus.