Super Contributor

Re: CALLING ALL PANCAKERS!!!!

Hi Pancakers,

It has been unusually hot for this time of year, but it seems to me we almost always get a few really hot days at the end of September, beginning of October until the real fall cool down. Luckily, I don't have to go out in the middle of the day if I don't want to.

@Yahooey, I didn't buy the Anushka bag. I just thought it was really cute for others who might be interested. I'm very utilitarian when it comes to my accessories and it is a bit out of my budget anyhow.

A trip to Vancouver? How nice! My family was there when I was young. We have distant relatives in Calgary. We were in Banff too and went into the hot springs. Very stinky, but nice. Lake Louise with the snow capped mountain backdrop was absolutely breathtaking.

Speaking of Banff..

We got a baff today!

peeeez, mommeh. ai wants ouuuuttttt!!!

Image result for bichon in bathtub images

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Caturday Pancakers!

Brrr - I'lll take this over this humidity of the past week. 

I returned the laptop along with the phone back yesterday. Wiped out the phone's contents, did my last timesheet and signed my separation agreement. As I said previously, didn't care for them although I'm so so tired of looking for another job. That will be 2 months down the road. I get severance and if I get a job - freelance or full timel, I will forfeit it. So not going to look until afterwards. 

A friend told me she went down to the San Gennaro Feast a few weeks ago and had ZEPPOLES! I decided to treat myself. I got myself a nice cup of iced coffee and make the walk to Little Italy from Houston / Hudson Sts. I walked and walked and turned onto Mjulberryl Oh, maybe the fesat willl be down further from Houston. Spring St past and nothing. Grand St nothingl. %^(@ - the feast already ended. I bought a piece of parm cheese from one of the local store and sulked. I did get a cannoli for $4.50 from Ferrara. It was okay - it was not large and not worth $4.50. @puglet11 I did think of you as I know you are stil looking for your cream pie or cake.

Today I'm making a fruit tart - maybe i'll post a pic tomorrow if it turns out nice. I'm brining it to some of the people that I went camping with. Doing the crust and pastry cream today. I don't know if I should cut up the fruit today or tomorrow morning. It does get a seal of apricot jam over the top to keep it shiny. I guess I should google.

Enjoy your weekend.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy!

IMG_0378.JPG

Honored Contributor

Puglet wrote:

Related image

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of my fellow Panakers

a very pleasant and peaceful day

and that it marks the beginning

of a very pleasant and peaceful

week.HeartWoman Happy

(((((MAMA KITTEH HUGS)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

yahooey wrote:

Enjoy!

IMG_0378.JPG

Breakfast of Champions! Cat LOL

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Pancakers,

@Yahooey, Oh, man! That fruit tart looks incredible (*as she drools on her keyboard*) That is seriously bee-u-tee-ful! You sure are talented.

I thought about going to the San Gennaro festival to hunt for that mocha buttercream cake slice again but unfortunately, it's too far a walk for me now and there's really no direct transportation unless I take a cab, which is a crazy thing to do down here.  But, I did find a suitable replacement in an Italian bakery in .. where else?  Brooklyn!

I'm glad you were able to get severance pay.  Of course you should take it easy and enjoy your time off before you start looking again. I think you'd be very successful selling your baked goodies. Did you ever consider that?

noms

Image result for cat and fruit tart images

@beastielove, Are the squirrels in your punkins yet?

Honored Contributor

Happy Caturday Pancakers!

I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow morning and will be back next Sunday. Everyone behave yourselves. Hoping to do some hiking and biking. Enjoy the scenary and good noms. Bringing my binoculars and hiking sticks. It is over 20 degrees cooler and I just wrap my head around it. 

Do I need a heavy jacket for 50s? Nah, bring a slicker and a layer. Either I will be wearing everything I'm bringing with me or I'll be wearing shorts and a tank lol. I did bring a pair of shorts, Legs don't usually get cold. I can wear a hoodie over a tshirt. We'll see.

hugs to all

Honored Contributor

@puglet11

I only bake when it is cool outside. I get hot so easily - well cranky when I'm hot. So angry baker is not really a good thing. I'm not good enough to do a lot and they all don't always come out good.(pretty). No one wants to buy something that is not attractive.

I would totally bake you a fruit tart or anything else that I could do. It would be my pleasure. I have free time and you are closeby.You are a wonderful person.

@beastielove I would bake you something too if you ever want to come down to the city. Your heart is huge and your dedication to your local shelter reflects it. How many punkims did you get for the forest creatures?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Pancakers,

@Yahooey, have a wonderful trip to Vancouver!  Wish I could go with you. Layers sounds like a good idea. I'm sure you'll come back all invigorated and renewed! Heart

Maybe Zoe would like to go with you?

Image result for cat hiking images

I got it!  "The Angry Baker" !!  What a great hook for your new in-home bakery!  I think the cat-chy name alone would drum up a lot of business, lolol.

It's a gloomy, rainy day, but I like the peacefulness of it. I also have a tendency towards crankiness in hot weather. I wouldn't mind 20 degrees cooler now. 80 degrees in mid-October is a bit much and I would like to have my favorite season before winter sets in. Although, if this portends a really mild winter, that's certainly okay by me.

Honored Contributor

yahooey wrote:

@Puglet

I only bake when it is cool outside. I get hot so easily - well cranky when I'm hot. So angry baker is not really a good thing. I'm not good enough to do a lot and they all don't always come out good.(pretty). No one wants to buy something that is not attractive.

I would totally bake you a fruit tart or anything else that I could do. It would be my pleasure. I have free time and you are closeby.You are a wonderful person.

@beastielove I would bake you something too if you ever want to come down to the city. Your heart is huge and your dedication to your local shelter reflects it. How many punkims did you get for the forest creatures?

Yahooey...

I just might take you up on your offer

and I promise to leave the kittehs at

home! Cat LOL

I bought 8 small punkins and put them

on the concrete steps that lead up to

the small porch and my front door.

So far all are in pristine condition!

Thank you for your kind words with

regards to me and the animal shelter.

Greatly apurrciated.

Wishing you and all of my other