Super Contributor

Re: CALLING ALL PANCAKERS!!!!

[ Edited ]

Hii Pancakers,

All week various news programs have been previewing the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Bowl. Heart Beth Stern has been on a lot with lots o' kittehs. She was holding an orange female that had the cutest face! I wanted to adopt her right then and there. I do miss kittehs....

I recently "downsized" to basic cable because of ridiculous increases, so I no longer get Animal Planet or Hallmark Channel. Pretty soon, I'll be cutting cable altogether and will try to find some alternative. I'm hoping I'll be able to watch the Bowls on-line.

We're lucky to be dodging snow today as temps are warm enough, but will get a lot of rain later.  It's a good day to relax.

eemie, meemie, mimey, mo

dis no looks like toona to meh.

Related image

.u wantz meh to do wot wif dis?

Related image

fumbool !

Related image

Kitteh Bowl

Related image

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Kitteh Bowl

Related image

Sunday Greetings

Puglet...

Where I live (on an old country road) I

need to have a cable hook-up in order

to get any type of television,phone and

computer service.

The good part about this is that my phone

service is included in the monthly fee for

all three (I use Op*imum...formerly

Cab*evi*ion) which is a great help.

Otherwise my phone bill would look like

the national debt!

I also got rid of some stations to reduce

the monthly fee but thankfully still have

Animal Planet and the Hallmark channel.

Am hoping that you'll be able to

find a way to watch both the Kitteh Bowl

and the Puppy Bowl with Kitteh half time show!

Wishing all of you pawsome Pancakers a

furbulous day!HeartWoman Happy

(((((FUZZY KITTEH HUGS)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

I signed up with Cablevision - Optimum for their triple play $99.00 per month. Well that promotion left and the pricing have gone up and up. I'm paying over $200 per month. 2 cableboxes with DVR. 

What make me mad is that I'm supplimenting the sports that is so coveted except me. They raise the pricing duirng the year of $1 - $3. When I do catch it, oh bc ESPN or somthing else went up. I DON'T CARE - take all the sports off. Oh, I can't do that, I can bring you down to basic. 

So bc I watch Food Network or Hallmark or Bravo and others I'm paying for sports. I don't have HBO Showtime or the other premium channels

Then on top that - all the nominees for the Golden Globes - is on Amazon, Netflix,

what the heck. I don't understand or know what a firestick or huilu or anything of the stuff is. I did watch the winning series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel when it is streaming free for a weekend. Learned of thst on another thread. I like it bc it was from the same people that created Gilmore Girls. Lots of fast dialogue.

Unknown.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I signed up with Cablevision - Optimum for their triple play $99.00 per month. Well that promotion left and the pricing have gone up and up. I'm paying over $200 per month. 2 cableboxes with DVR. 

What make me mad is that I'm supplimenting the sports that is so coveted except me. They raise the pricing duirng the year of $1 - $3. When I do catch it, oh bc ESPN or somthing else went up. I DON'T CARE - take all the sports off. Oh, I can't do that, I can bring you down to basic. 

So bc I watch Food Network or Hallmark or Bravo and others I'm paying for sports. I don't have HBO Showtime or the other premium channels

Then on top that - all the nominees for the Golden Globes - is on Amazon, Netflix,

what the heck. I don't understand or know what a firestick or huilu or anything of the stuff is. I did watch the winning series The Marvelous Mrs Maisel when it is streaming free for a weekend. Learned of thst on another thread. I like it bc it was from the same people that created Gilmore Girls. Lots of fast dialogue.

Unknown.jpeg

@Yahooey,   Hello and a Smiley Happy

Your post made me laugh because I know ZACTLY what you were conveying. We have the same situation! I detest SPORTS, but apparently we are paying big $$s for one of the finest..

( I suppose(??) Internet services 'round these parts.

I have little interest of __most__ stations, and seldom have time to watch if I were to, for any given reason.

I purchased cable for the movie channel(s): TCM, Hallmark, the national news...and maybe be fortunate to catch some PBS or its equal. Definitely not an{ addict } to SPORTS!

BUT! Do understand someone much older having to sit, or somewhat medically or legally disabled.

My husband watches some of the ME TV stations, but that may be on after 8pm, then the news. I work on a lot of medical research papers through INTERACTING NET, along with a home phone that I use for long distance once every 2-3 months.

I use my cell for private numbers, only. I believe [ ours ] has gone to (just about) $200. + that black box number that has been replaced more than choices of different cat foods.

How in the world can ANYONE have a TV going from morning to night? No life? Comfortable sitting all day? Can't find any employment? Too old to do anything else? Waiting to eat Xs 3?

@I originally came here to speak to @beastielove, then read your private plight..had to respond.

You are not alone, even though the fee is not a hardship, I will, again say:

"I detest paying for the SPORTS channels, along with the Walking Dead (*enough here), or those below my element, clearly being of mindless entertainment".

Mental Giants for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard one give do an interview?! Robot surprised

People go WaWa over this roll 'N tumble..anything with a ball.

``Bite your tongue and live through`it, just not with it.

Heart Love your posts. BINGO.

I know that a cell phone is an Adult Pacifier, so I'll have to do some psychology research and find a name for the never ending GLUED watcher, ` sitting for hours. Doesn't one's bottom become numb after six hours?

OH, and don't forget Judge Judy or the Simpsons ...     !!!!

Everyone must have a private addiction, to some extent, one would wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :unsurpassed:

Talk shows?

What a waste of life, of course my OH PIN YAWN.

"Hope to see you soon, again".  NAES

February, 2018

Honored Contributor

I wish we could choose our channels. I enjoy sports. The ones I watch though are usually on the normal tv channels that don't require cable. But there are many many channels I never watch that I have to pay for. Everyone has different likes and dislikes for tv of which I am glad as there is something for everyone as it should be.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow @Yahooey, I thought I was paying a lot for cable!

@proudlyfromNJ, you would think with all the people cutting the cord and finding other tv viewing options, the big cable cos would wake up and allow us to choose channels. I bet they'd get a lot more customers that way.

Happy Valentine's Day!

ai bwubs u dis much

Related image

Related image

Image result for puppy valentines day images

Related image

Honored Contributor

I wish we can pick our own channels too - my brother tells me to change carriers and get a promotion. I hate changing and the dismantling etc.

Honored Contributor

images.jpeg

giphy.gif

giphy-1.gif

giphy-2.gif

Trusted Contributor

I've been gone for a while and I'm surprised to see this thread is still going. Remember the big dog (St. Bernard?) Senoir; i've heard he died several years ago.

Honored Contributor

@puglet11wrote:

Related image

Me and my kittehs...Samantha,Olivia,

Henry and Jack...are wishing all of you

Pawsome Pancakers a furbulous

Happy Valentine's Day (what's left of it!)Cat LOL

((((LOVE FILLED KITTEH VALENTINES HUGZ!))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=