Honored Contributor

Re: CALLING ALL PANCAKERS!!!!

@brbfromTX@beastielove@puglet11@butterfly123

Unknown.jpeg

It seems all of our Pancakers need a special hug, 

(((brb))) that she and her family will be safe from Harvey

(((beastielove))) lost her beloved Tabitha and is hurting

(((Mr M + Puglet))) both have boo boos

(((yahooey))) I just got my notice today - will be paid till end of Sept.

This is not a surprise since the acct i work on left and gave us till end of Sept to finish old business. My old boss that transfered me to this smaller agency last June was trying to save my job but it didn't pan out. He knows I will probably be let go (told him in July) and he can't take me back. He has already let someone else go late last year. I don't really like the people here so it is no big loss. It was tolerable when I was busy but I'm doing nothing since July and the time goes so slowly.

I can work from home and come in late and leave early which is pretty decent of them. It took me so long to find a full time position since what I do is no longer wanted or needed. Remember how happy I was when I landed this job back in Dec 2014. Oh well.

Here's to better days ahead for all of us.

Valued Contributor

Prayers for Pancake friends🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

Hello Pancakers,

I know it's been forever but I just wanted to say hi. My Tiki is doing well except when we took him for his annual checkup in July, he had gained 4 lbs. so it's diet time. Fortunately, he loves green beens & we can give them to him as treats. I hadn't realized how many extra calories doggie treats can add. Our biggest challenge is when we go visiting and people can't resist those big eyes and want to give him people food. 

I hope all the Pancakers are doing well and weathering whatever challenges are coming your way.

0721170731a.jpg

Mr. Tiki is still trying to catch those squirrels.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

Hi Pancakers,

@brbfromTX, thank goodness you are all okay. Sending my prayers to you and all who have been affected by Harvey.  I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Sami and Dixie. May they have endless happy romps on the other side of The Rainbow Bridge.

How wonderful that you rescued Daisy. Those are some real handsome fellers in that pic! Mr. M would love your goggies, especially Blondie (the one at the bottom?). His preference is fluffy.

@adelle38, it's so good to hear from you! I hope you and yours are well. Mr. Tiki is cute as ever. I also have to watch Mr. M's weight as he is close to 15 pounds (Bichon). He looooves baby carrots and I also give him a low-cal Halo brand biscuit (sweet potato/peanut butter) once in a while.

@Yahooey, I'm sorry to hear about your job. At least the news wasn't a complete shock to you. It's hard to believe you started that job in 2014 -- seems like yesterday. Sending prayers that something new and exciting will come your way (and with nicer people!)

@beastielove, I saw your post about sweet Tabitha in the Pet Forum and I'm crying now as I type. What a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl. I'm so choked up right now and words escape me. It never, ever, ever gets easier losing our faithful and loving companions, but we can cherish all the wonderful days spent together and feel comforted by knowing they are in a blessed place.

((((Heart))))

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

Puglet wrote:

Puglet...

This is so beautiful! Thanking you on behalf

of brb and myself.

(((((PUGLET)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@beastielove@puglet11@adelle38@brbfromTX@butterfly123

Hugs to my Pancakers! 

brb -my mermaid friend- is your family and neighborhood safe? Pls drop by more frequently, you are missed.

maxresdefault.jpg

adelle - how nice to see you, pls drop by more often too.

images.jpeg

HeartHeartHeart beastielove HeartHeartHeart

images-1.jpeg

butterfly - how are you friend?

200.gif

puglet - I do hope you and Mr M are doing much better

gif-cat-dog-friendship-616148.gif

Honored Contributor

I went bike riding today at Governor's Island and is a short ferry ride from Manhattan. Car free which means no honking and no exhaust fumes. It was serene looping the island looking at Lady Liberty NJ, Mamhattan skyline, Brooklyn. Not too shabby.

Wheels of all sorts were out and about. Bicycle built for one, tandem built for two, surrey bike built for 4. Strollers and razor scooters too. Purrfect!

If you get there before noon on a weekday, a bike is free for the first hour and $15 for an additional 2 hrs. Pretty nifty and I haven't rode for a few years.

Super Contributor

Hi Pancakers,

@Yahooey, that bike ride on Governor's Island sounds blissful! One of these days I hope to try that, but I'm sure I'll never be able to ride more than an hour. I can do a few minutes on my stationary bike in my bedroom, but the scenery is not that great. Cat Tongue

Mr. M and I are doing well. My derm said he's never seen a reaction to a mosquito bite like mine. I told him there was such a thing as "Skeeter Syndrome" (I learned this from my research). Ya gotta teach these docs things sometimes..... He drained the blister, gave me prescription hydrocortisone and an antibiotic ointment. I'll have to dress it twice a day for the next few weeks.

Thankfully, I can go about my business as usual and walk Mr. M. It looks like I'll be getting rid of all my crops and capris. Long pants and socks year round from now on. I don't like the idea of spraying myself with chemicals so I've been slathering on Avon Skin So Soft lotion. People swear by it as a repellant. I'm not sitting outside for now either.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sending more hugs and healing wishes to @beastielove. ((((Heart))))

Trusted Contributor

Wishing Pancakers a safe and serene weekend.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.