Honored Contributor

Re: CALLING ALL PANCAKERS!!!!

[ Edited ]

Happy Meowday Pancakers

I'm going camping with the same friends from all those years ago. In our 20s, we had a group which included my brother and we sorta roughed it since we didn't know what we were doing. On one of these ocassions, my 16 yr old nephew got food poisoning and his mom (my much older sis) had to come to get him. He laughed all these years later that his aunt and uncle tried to kill him and his mom stopped off at Woodbury Commons to shop on the way home.

In our 30's some got married and had kids, we stopped going for a few years. We went back to an upgraded campsite - JellyStone. Yep complete with Yogi and Boo Boo. There was a spray pool, a better shower and bathroom situation. All hands were on deck All adults would corraled the kids - sending them one by one to get bathed and another would lead them back to the campsite. We even had one that was being toilet trained and didn't make it crossing the road to the BR. 

We went back year after year - got better gear complete with a cappunccino machine and a waffle maker. This friend likes the finer things and who am I to turn down these luxeries. The campsite then got wifi and the gods sang. We mostly played cards from old maid and go fish and then to spades, hearts and poker. 

We stopped 4 years ago when the older kids were seniors in high school. My niece was one of them. Some kids have now graduated college and the others are all in college at various levels.

NONE of the kids are coming campling - I know at that age, I don't wanna hang out with parents and they have summer internships and my niece is working her first ull time job. My brother isn't going either so the group is a lot smaller. I still looking forward to it.

S'MORES for everyone!

btw- my tent is about the one with the kitty. The other people have McMansions. 7 man tents with 2 queen air mattresses. I'm on a pad near the ground. I hope my back can take it - since I did something to it last week. I have not swam in a week.

images.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

il_fullxfull.651478116_g5bx.jpg

Super Contributor

Hi Pancakers,

@butterfly123, right back atcha!  And I hope you are feline great these days. Cat Happy

Image result for cat with hearts images

@Yahooey, I'm hooked on the M&M's with almonds. I don't care for the new bags as I like to cut a pour spout in the top and pour it right on in! Cat LOL

That gif of the raccoon is hilarious!

Cat-ppucino machine, waffle maker, and 10-room tents, huh? Boy, that's really ruff-ing it. Camping? Not I! I have memories of latrines and a skunk in the sleeping bag - while I was in it.

@beastielove, what a wonderful friend you are to help with all those kittehs. You are a gem!  Speaking of which - yes, I received my ring and it's really pretty. I got the clear quartz.  It's so nice that the amethyst choice has so much meaning for you. Enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

@puglet11 The ones that upgraded their tents had to accomdoate 2 kids and sometimes 2 dogs also. Although, they said 7 man tent, they want you to line up in a row with another person across the feet. My tent says 3 man, it fits me purrfectly. I sleep diagonally. If you don't position yourself away from the sides of the tent, the condensation will make it damp inside. 

At our earlier campsite, it had more wilderness. We didn't bring our trash to the dumpster and in the middle of the night - lots of noise and we peeked with a shining flashlight and a lots of bright eyes stared back at us. RACOONS! They left quite a mess and we never made that mistake again. We would see bunnies in the morning. This site is more civilized and no creatures come a calling. We still throw out the trash because you never know.

I need a flushing toilet or I can't go. Sorry if it is TMI. I once gave myself cramps because there was no BR and we were at the beach. Can't do it as a kid and still can't do it. Don't ask me how I know. 

Hmm, a racoon was in the tent with you? That woulda freaked me out. I prefer to view the critters at a distance although I have fed chipmunks. I thought they would be bigger since I only have Chip and Dale as a reference. I also didn't know Road Runners would be small, again Warner Brothers should not be my guide for the great outdoors. 

Honored Contributor

@beastielove givez us good fudz wen mom es awai. Ai lubs her.

Dogs-and-cats-eating-300x199.jpg

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

R you all bedder? 

orig.590af334ee7ab_1ki64p.gif

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey @puglet11 

I iz gettin betr. 

I love the whack a mole game. 

The whack a finger is a great idea for all duh kittehs 🌹

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Furday Pancakers!

@butterfly123@puglet11@beastielove

I will only have my phone next week when I go camping - so here is a slew of funny gifs to tie you over

Kitty-cartwheels.gif

Honored Contributor

f957af91620f5f7564c9c4adc0a3a9f3.gif

Honored Contributor

funniest-cat-gifs-cat-bully.gif

Honored Contributor

funniest-cat-gifs-cat-kung-fu-style.gif