Respected Contributor

Re: Buddy has doggie “runs”🙁

@SeaMaiden Glad to hear Buddy is doing better. Thanks for the update. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  That's exactly what my daughter gave her dog (that the Vet told her to feed Luna).

Glad things are better.  Maybe they both picked up 'something' (?) who knows.

I swear, I'm so paranoid about giving Luna toys these days.

I read here where people were talking about how their toys are made in China so I started reading the labels.  Yepper!  Every single toy (like everything in our life) is made in China.

Someone actually posted she accidentally (she said, "Don't ask") put a dog toy in HER mouth and it burned so bad she had to wash out her mouth (I mainly remember the burn part in her mouth).

That started me thinking.  I'm sure (based on what they eat, etc) there is probably no one who checks the quality and what these toys are made of.

So, I stopped sending Luna toys.  I just don't know what to do because I love sending her toys.

For Christmas, one of the toys I sent her was that thing (I think it's called Furbo) it works with cell phones and my daughter can shoot out treats from her office to Luna at home!  Not cheap.  It's $180 but she wanted it and felt guilty of leaving Luna at home...so Grandma bought it.

Here's what it looks like:

Furbo Dog Camera: Treat Tossing, Full HD Wifi Pet Camera and 2-Way Audio, Designed for Dogs, Compatible with Alexa (As Seen On Ellen)

I think it's way over priced for what it is.

Someone mentioned baby toys but after reading how strong police dog's bites are, I figured a dog would bite through one of those baby toys.

I'll keep looking.  But for now, I'm not buying anymore toys from China.

I don't think that's how she got this virus, but not taking a chance.

This is probably the only 'grandbaby' I'm going to get from her.  That's fine.  She's a wonderful dog who has a wonderful mom!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 ❤️ I Enjoy your posts! Thanks for the info!  Luna is one lucky pup🙂

~Sea Maiden~

Honored Contributor

I put my dogs balls in the dishwasher, when i run a load,or in washer with towels.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I put my dogs balls in the dishwasher, when i run a load,or in washer with towels.

@goldensrbest   great idea!  Buddy is doing much better today Tuesday February 11.  I will start to ease him off the boiled rice and chicken tonight and incorporate some of his regular food in with it.. see how that goes for a couple of days.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  My son gave me Furbo for Christmas, and the dogs love it! I can toss them a treat when I'm away and it tells me if they're barking. I can see them on video!🐶🐶

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest   great idea!  Buddy is doing much better today Tuesday February 11.  I will start to ease him off the boiled rice and chicken tonight and incorporate some of his regular food in with it.. see how that goes for a couple of days. 

@SeaMaiden ...Please also talk to your Vet about FortiFlora (Purina Pro Plan Probiotic) for dogs. 

I want to share that my precious panther kitty, who is almost 16 years old and has kidney disease, was experiencing stomach upsets and diarrhea...This was back in October...Due to her kidney condition, her Vet kept her at his office to run some tests and also gave her sub-q fluids.

When I picked her up, he also gave me the FortiFlora to sprinkle on her food each morning....Since then, she has been doing great....This probiotic has turned out to be a miracle for her...Her appetite has improved, as well as her energy level...Even her kidney blood test numbers have improved....I'm ecstatic!

So, I just recommend that you check with your Vet and give this a try...It is a safe supplement for both dogs and cats...A Vet Rx is required.

I'm happy to read that your precious Buddy is doing better!

Here is a better description of the FortiFlora...

"Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Canine Probiotic Supplement contains a safe and effective strain of beneficial bacteria proven to promote normal intestinal microflora. FortiFlora is the #1 probiotic brand prescribed by veterinarians. The science behind our therapeutic products represents a collaboration between Purina nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians."

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove  thank you for the suggestion! I willl look into this🙂

Respected Contributor

Please don't delay, take your beloved pet to your vet. 

Pets are fragile and a turn for the worse happens faster that we expect.