Honored Contributor

Re: Brother needs a new home for a nice four legged boy....

[ Edited ]

@ItsME wrote:

Thank you all!   I'm afraid of a regular rescue group, because I don't want him to ever end up in a kill place.  @on the bay I'll send him the info on the bullycrew.  Thank you.  I'd take him, but I'm terribly allergic (I have poodles... it's about all I can have).  I just want to see him get a great home.

@ItsME 

I agree with @on the bay's suggestion of

contacting the Bullycrew. They are a

very reputable organization...even pull

dogs from kill shelters and make sure

that all of the dogs they rescue stay

with them until they can get adopted.

If you haven't done so please go to their

website and check them out.

Even though they're in NYC they might

come up to the Albany area to get

this precious boy.If not they will know of

a reputable rescue group in the Capital

District.

Under NO circumstances is that boy to

be put in a shelter.I know that so many

are overcrowded and his chances of being

rescued will be slim and none.

Praying that this sweetheart soon finds

the loving forever home that he deserves

to have.

Please keep us updated.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just google what breed he is (looks pit bull) and then "rescue". All the groups that are doing rescue service for that breed/mix will be listed and you should find what you need there. Good luck. He looks like a real sweetie!

Respected Contributor

@beastielove   I so agree.  I did go to the site.  One of the questions they ask of someone surrendering a pet is if they can foster that pet until a home is found.  I'm sure my brother would do that.  

I've been pushing him for a while to find this boy a forever home while he is young enough to get one.  Brother has always said it's not his dog, he can't do that.  I have disagreed, since he and his wife have been the primary caretakers.  However, without going into details, they have known for a long time that they won't be able to care for him in a few years, which is why I wanted to have Marley placed as quickly as possible, while he is young.  It's the best thing for Marley.  Stepdaughter finally agreed to surrender the dog.

Respected Contributor

@silkyk   Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Good luck.  Also look into the services that do therapy dogs.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Thank you.  There is an organization that trains dogs for service, but he is one year too old for them to take him.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ItsME wrote:

@beastielove   I so agree.  I did go to the site.  One of the questions they ask of someone surrendering a pet is if they can foster that pet until a home is found.  I'm sure my brother would do that.  

I've been pushing him for a while to find this boy a forever home while he is young enough to get one.  Brother has always said it's not his dog, he can't do that.  I have disagreed, since he and his wife have been the primary caretakers.  However, without going into details, they have known for a long time that they won't be able to care for him in a few years, which is why I wanted to have Marley placed as quickly as possible, while he is young.  It's the best thing for Marley.  Stepdaughter finally agreed to surrender the dog.

@ItsME 

Please don't take this the wrong way

but after reading what you wrote about

your brother's on-going procrastination

to try to find a new home for Marley,

would it be possible for you to make

the initial contact with the Bullycrew

rescue group and at least get the

"wheels into motion"?

If it was feasible for me to do

so I would do it in a heartbeat

especially since I live approx.30 miles

NW of NYC in the 'burbs.

Bless you for trying to help this precious boy.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

from the site: nybullycrew.org-

"New York Bully Crew is a 501c3 nonprofit rescue organization founded in December 2010. Though based on Long Island, NYBC’s outreach is nation and worldwide. We specialize in rescuing Pitbull dogs and Pitbull puppies and babies, however no animal in dire need of rescue is turned away."

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@beastielove   He's finally on top of it, since the stepdaughter has said okay (he shouldn't have waited).  I just got word from him that he has a potential home.  Someone who he knows from work, but who has just retired.  She and her husband just lost a dog.  They will be take Marley for three weeks in September to be sure that he gets along well with their remaining dog.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  But, I hope he is keeping the options open.

Trusted Contributor

I volunteer with an all breed no kill rescue. We have pit bulls in our rescue.  A pit bull rescue is fine, but if they can’t take him, there are no kill, all breed rescues that take in pit bulls. I agree about not taking him to a shelter.