Respected Contributor

Brother needs a new home for a nice four legged boy....

I hope this is within the rules.  My brother's irresponsible stepdaughter brought a very nice puppy home about four years ago.  She was a teenager and never took care of him, leaving my DB and SIL to care for him.  They are unable to do so going forward.  This dog is very sweet and only wants love.  He's in the capital district area of NYS.  (I'm across the country)  Any ideas of how to help him find a new home would be appreciated!

Image may contain: dog, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

Re: Brother needs a new home for a nice four legged boy....

@ItsME. See if your town has a Facebook page and ask on there. 

Trusted Contributor

Contact local rescues to see if they can take him or can give you some advice. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with @K9buddy , contact rescue groups in his area.

I hope he finds a great home!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ItsME -

You might try www.nybullycrew.org.

I know there are other ones in NY also.

He looks like a sweetheart.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Thank you all!   I'm afraid of a regular rescue group, because I don't want him to ever end up in a kill place.  @on the bay I'll send him the info on the bullycrew.  Thank you.  I'd take him, but I'm terribly allergic (I have poodles... it's about all I can have).  I just want to see him get a great home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hopefully, a kind and loving new home can be found. 

The dog's vet might know of someone.  Neighbors?  Where your brother works.  

I'd spread the word locally, but screen responders very carefully.  This dog looks like a pit bull mix.  Some people only want them for nefarious reasons. 

Honored Contributor

It's easy to find out if a shelter is no-kill.

I agree about checking with the vets in your area, they can be very helpful for things like this.

He's a sweetie, I pray he finds a loving home.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please search for a no skill shelter or rescue if their vet can not help dirtect them.  Do NOT let them give it away free.  No matter how well meaning they may be, people who seek out free animals often want them for dog fights or... with the small ones, they can be live food for large reptiles or other animals.  You can't believe the horrible things that can happen to a loving pet that gets given away (or sold cheap) to a smooth talking person.  SInce they love the dog, but can not keep it, please stress the importance of finding the right place to tranfer ownership.  This dog has loved that family and deserves the extra time & effort it may take to find it a happy future.  

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks again to all of you.  I'm passing the suggestions on to him.  It's important to everyone for him to get a good home, preferably not a shelter, but if it is a shelter it has to be no kill.  I'll see if he's talked to the vet.  All good ideas, and appreciated!