Honored Contributor

Re: Brother needs a new home for a nice four legged boy....

@NickNack wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@ItsME 

My (kitty) rescue organizations allow you to "sponsor" the adoption fees for pets to increase the likelihood that they will be adopted.  The stepdaughter or your brother might consider "paying it forward" and sponsoring all fees so that he can have a boost towards adoption.  This is something that people who have enough/too many pets can do when they see one that they would like to adopt but do not have the space/resources to do so.  

@lolakimono   @ItsME   One of our shelters does that sometimes, too.  I don't think it's a good idea.  Even if you're trained to screen people, some bad ones can get through.  There are always people looking for free pets to use as bait in dog fights or other things.  This dog looks like a pit bull mix and might appeal to someone in that way.  I think he should go to a rescue group or possibly the friend of the OP's brother that was mentioned.

@NickNack 

These are rescue organizations, not shelters.  In order to even view my future puss in person, I had to fill out a four page application, with salary information, credit information, vet information, etc.  Then once I had been "vetted" I was allowed to come see her.  Both rescues were the same way; both said they would do home visits, and when I was looking for kittens they had an interview process.  This is also like an hour away from my house.  When I went to see her, they told me they had already checked out my address on Google Earth.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@ItsME 

My (kitty) rescue organizations allow you to "sponsor" the adoption fees for pets to increase the likelihood that they will be adopted.  The stepdaughter or your brother might consider "paying it forward" and sponsoring all fees so that he can have a boost towards adoption.  This is something that people who have enough/too many pets can do when they see one that they would like to adopt but do not have the space/resources to do so.  

@lolakimono   @ItsME   One of our shelters does that sometimes, too.  I don't think it's a good idea.  Even if you're trained to screen people, some bad ones can get through.  There are always people looking for free pets to use as bait in dog fights or other things.  This dog looks like a pit bull mix and might appeal to someone in that way.  I think he should go to a rescue group or possibly the friend of the OP's brother that was mentioned.

@NickNack 

These are rescue organizations, not shelters.  In order to even view my future puss in person, I had to fill out a four page application, with salary information, credit information, vet information, etc.  Then once I had been "vetted" I was allowed to come see her.  Both rescues were the same way; both said they would do home visits, and when I was looking for kittens they had an interview process.  This is also like an hour away from my house.  When I went to see her, they told me they had already checked out my address on Google Earth.

@lolakimono   I'm sorry.  I missed that.  That's a completely different situation and would be a nice thing to do.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon  ... She is not involved, fortunately!

Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum   Oh, I wish you were close, too!  Im across the country, but I would take him if I wasn't allergic.