Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bright spots in my day... birds and cats!

[ Edited ]

Lori Kaye and Pam - thanks for the kind words about Baby Cat, and be assured that I know the pain that you have also experienced.  

Thanks again...

An extremely offensive and sarcastic remark was made about this thread in the Fashion Forum, "Sanitized, Bleached, Boring Boards"... I have deleted the rest of this post because it was about my Baby Cat and she was too precious to me to be in any way the point of ridicule.  The callous attitudes displayed by some posters on these boards is beyond my understanding.  

Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

It's very dark, dreary and stormy here this afternoon, and although at least it's gotten cooler,  it's just been one of those days.  But I was looking out my back patio doors and saw the cutest little bird taking a bath in the bird bath in pouring down rain!  He kept jumping in, flopping around, jumping out, and then back in again, about five times, all the while with the rain pouring down on him.  That was one happy little bird!

I've also been loving Missie, my little cat who is missing her big sister, as am I -  she is so sweet, but it's very hard without our Baby Cat (my avatar).  And I'm going next door several times a day to look after Jack, a very handsome Bengal with those beautiful blue eyes, just to give him some loving and let him know he hasn't been abandoned.  My neighbors are at the beach.  He's a sweetheart, too.

There have been so many contentious threads here on other forums off and on today as I've been checking in and out, I just decided to concentrate on a couple of the simple, wonderful things we sometimes take for granted, like sweet cats and adorable little birds!

What a sweet story about that little bird. Thank you so much for sharing it. :-)

Your beloved Baby Cat looks a lot like my Jack. I rescued him when he was 6 years old (he turned 8 last month). I also have four other kitties (all rescues too)..Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,and Henry.

Wishing you and everyone else who posted here, a very Happy 4th of July Holiday Week-end.

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Lovely thread and enjoyable post to start it off, KM.  8)

Get-more-birds-into-your-garden-a.jpg (400×257)

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Lovely thread and enjoyable post to start it off, KM.  8)

Get-more-birds-into-your-garden-a.jpg (400×257)

What a great picture!  I have a family of big fat Robins who just love my birdbaths.  One will be in the "bathtub", and another will very impatiently hop around the edges trying to get him to leave.  But they take their time and "dunk" as often as they want before relinquishing the tub to the next family member! 

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry Kittymom that someone would pull such a stunt. Has to be one very unhappy, hateful person.
Respected Contributor

My parakeets also love love baths. They go insane whenever i attach the bath to theit cage

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Doxie wrote:

I think it is great to take time to be thankful for simple things. Baby cat is beautiful. We can learn a lot from that little bird.

doxie

Doxie, thank you for your kind words.  My little Baby Cat certainly was beautiful, and so sweet and loving, and so many other descriptive words that I can't say them all.  If only more people were a little more like our animals, what a wonderful world we would have!  

Amen to that..thats why I prefer alot of alone time with my min pin!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West