Respected Contributor

Re: Bears will be coming out of dens soon

@PamfromCT It's Donna from Connecicut.  I have seen many bears in the warmer months.  Agreed they ca be dangerous, but beautiful to behold.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have head of bears being hit in Asheville, Gatlinburg and in West Yellowstone. It makes me sad when I think of how we are taking over wildlife habitat. One day we will have no animals in the world Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@tobes, Sometime ago, a huge bear got into someone’s car left unlocked and then could not get out.  Fortunately, and I don’t know how, the authorities got the bear out unharmed.

The funniest thing I saw was a couple years ago.  Someone had a beautiful sunken hot tub, with lovely landscaping around it.  It was all over the news when a big bear plunked into the tub and was enjoying “the good life.”  

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT Take advantage of the spa whenever you can

Respected Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@darkhomespun Beward June and July which I believe the mating season begins.  We have plenty of bears in Connecticut and they are everywhere....in urban areas (one as beeb seen walking thru the drive in bank in my neighborhood) as well as the more farmland areas and suberbs  My neighbor (we live in a smal town section of houses away from main street in the suburbs) came home from grocery shopping and was removing bags from her car trunk into her house.  Unfortunately she left the trunk open and when she returning  to retrieve the rest she encountered a bear who was perusing the bags of groceries and already had torn open a few bags.

I hope she didn't challenge the bear; it's not worth getting your face clawed off for a sack of food.