Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be a step ahead of these vets......

[ Edited ]

There are great vets out there. When our golden turned six months we had some questions about spaying her that early.  It is recommended  not be spayed until after first heat. Helps reduce cancers and lessens joint problems. When we asked she told us to do our research and make a decision that was best for us. She never once pushed us to do it right now. When we suspected she had hip dysplasia she said her hips didn’t feel to tight. That if we wanted to go ahead with X-rays we could but she didn’t see the need at that time.  This doesn’t sound like greed to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@apple1964 jUST REMEMBER NOT TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING A SO CALLED VET SAYS. ARM YOURSELF WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION YOU CAN...... THERE ARE GOOD ONES AND BAD ONES OUT THERE!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom Yes, my vet is also an "older" man who, no doubt, isn't up on everything either.  Glad to know that you've been happy with him for the most part!

Everytime I see your avatar I smile knowing that Kingston is living a good life with you.  Hope he is well!  I still find him just so beautiful!!  

Oh, and getting back to the sheltie, I know I was surprised by your post as I was under the impression that collies were the only breed affected by Ivermectin.  Learn something new every day!

@Citrine1

Thank you!Heart

Kingston is doing great, he's such a good boy! He seriously has NO bad habits!

He doesn't dig, tear things up, bark for no reason and he was so easy to train! He just wants to please!

He does everything by hand signals, sit, down, stay, etc., and is a complete gentleman on his leash.

His Dad is into 'geo-caching' (think of a scavenger hunt using GPS devices), so he  gets a couple of all-day adventures every week, in addition to his 2 long walks a day.

I think Harley knew that after he had been gone 5 long years, he needed to send me Kingston to help mend my broken heart!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom Kingston sounds like the perfect dog!  He's good for you and you're good for him.  What a blessing that you found each other.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@apple1964 jUST REMEMBER NOT TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING A SO CALLED VET SAYS. ARM YOURSELF WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION YOU CAN...... THERE ARE GOOD ONES AND BAD ONES OUT THERE!

HUH???  I didn't write that.  Oh well.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:
@Venezia wrote:

HUH???  I didn't write that.  Oh well.  Woman Frustrated

Oh sorry, Computer acting up.Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

There are great vets out there. When our golden turned six months we had some questions about spaying her that early.  It is recommended  not be spayed until after first heat. Helps reduce cancers and lessens joint problems. When we asked she told us to do our research and make a decision that was best for us. She never once pushed us to do it right now. When we suspected she had hip dysplasia she said her hips didn’t feel to tight. That if we wanted to go ahead with X-rays we could but she didn’t see the need at that time.  This doesn’t sound like greed to me. 

There are good ones and bad vets out there... And for every good story you might tell I could tell you some bad ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

How can these so called vets sleep at night ..? Greed money? I am beyond angry. 

@apple1964- My previous post was not being nasty.  It was this additional post you made, that made me "defend" all the wonderful vets out there, who trained for as many years as a human doctor. 

"So called vets?"  "Greed money"?  "How do they sleep at night?"  For every pet whose life they've saved, for every grateful owner - I'm sure they sleep well.

Nothing further to say.

I tend to stop listening when people start talking in absolutes.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

How can these so called vets sleep at night ..? Greed money? I am beyond angry. 

@apple1964- My previous post was not being nasty.  It was this additional post you made, that made me "defend" all the wonderful vets out there, who trained for as many years as a human doctor. 

"So called vets?"  "Greed money"?  "How do they sleep at night?"  For every pet whose life they've saved, for every grateful owner - I'm sure they sleep well.

Nothing further to say.

I tend to stop listening when people start talking in absolutes.

I am so glad you have nothing further to say.....NOT EVERY VET CARES ABOUT YOUR ANIMAL.. SO ARMING YOURSELF WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN IS EVERYONE BEST DEFENSE. AND NOT BEING SO GULLIBLE.Woman Mad