Esteemed Contributor

Be a step ahead of these vets......

Good morning to all! My eyes have been opened I made myself read on line about all the shots heart worm and tick and flea preventives and  our family decided to go the holistic way with our pets, It is more horrible then the side effects risks to these drugs they are making our beloved cats and dogs sick and are slowly killing our animals. I see already a difference in my animals by taking them off these drugs a year ago they are healthier have more energy and they do not have the problems they had before. My daughter is  going to school to become a vet but she now wants to take a course in holistic medicine. I am not saying not to go to a vet but, to read on line all the information.Educate yourself, our beloved animals do not need all these shots and other preventives they are all bad drugs. I am posting this because of my love for animals. There are many ways to protect our angles on four legs in a healthy safe way.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be a step ahead of these vets......

I've read diatomaceous earth food grade is good for pets as it gets rid of any internal parasites...when we got Daisy, her breeder was ADAMANT that she should NOT receive a leptospirosis vaccine.

Super Contributor

I agree with both of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I've read diatomaceous earth food grade is good for pets as it gets rid of any internal parasites...when we got Daisy, her breeder was ADAMANT that she should NOT receive a leptospirosis vaccine.

Yes, I have five rescue dogs all over the age of 10 now. I was horrified what I read about these shots alone.. Thank you all for your posts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Dear friends tell as many people as you can about what you already know. Maybe then we will not read so many posts about animals here that are sick and dying. God bless all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Midnight11 wrote:

I agree with both of you.

How can these so called vets sleep at night ..? Greed money? I am beyond angry. 

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 I agree totrally with you ,i preach this to anyone,but depending on where you live.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I dedicate this thread to all the cats and dogs that have been sickened and later died from these drugs and shots mine included. God bless the animals they deserve better care. If more people are aware and know  perhaps vets will be more caring and careful how and what they give our animals in the future. I feel so powerful now though them.Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

I had a thread not long ago on giving dogs rabies vaccinations when they are older, my town requires it ,i understand when they are younger ,but after 8 or nine ,i feel it is not needed, heartworm prevention is important ,if you live in many states.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964When her Mom enrolled Daisy in daycare, they requested that she be up-to-date with "all vaccinations" but my daughter explained that her breeder advised against the leptospirosis vaccine and that she would NOT give it to her, period.

Daisy was accepted into daycare anyway.

Her breeder was very emphatic about it and she is a woman with DECADES of breeding behind her.