Honored Contributor

'Batman' Delivers Rescues to New Families!

Batman has been spotted flying over Florida - but rather than catching criminals, the caped crusader is busy transporting cats and dogs to their 'furever' home.

Pilot Chris Van Dorn, 26, regularly dresses up as the superhero icon to help rescue animals in need of loving homes.

Along with his sidekick pup Robin (aka Mr Boots), the Florida man operates his own charity Batman4Paws , delivering animals to their new homes all across the country. 

Hero: Pilot Chris Van Dorn, 26, combined his lifelong obsession with Batman with his love for animals when he began operating pet rescues in his superhero costume via plane

His penchant for dressing up in a cape came after his family adopted Mr Boots in 2014 and saw firsthand the hard work of the volunteers who had saved the pooch from an uncertain fate.

Chris was inspired to start his own not-for-profit charity, combining his love of animals, flying and his childhood icon.  

'It all started around 2014 when my dad decided to adopt a rescue dog called Mr Boots on account of his big old paws. He was transported to us by a pilot,' explained Chris/Batman.

'Mr. Boots’ story inspired me to want to give back and help other animals in need too. It took me some major thinking while in the shower but it finally hit me and I came up with a way of taking my ability to drive as well as my passion of flying, and combine it with my love of animals.'

At the time of Mr Boots’ arrival, Chris had just achieved his private pilot’s license and decided to put his new skills to good use by transporting dogs, cats and other animals to their new homes or no-kill facilities.

While he mainly operates in Florida, where he lives, he also does out-of-state deliveries all across the United States. 

More of the article and pics:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7305837/Florida-man-dresses-like-Batman-rescue-animals-fl...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: 'Batman' Delivers Rescues to New Families!

Now, THAT'S my idea of a 'superhero'!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

What a heartwarming story!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I now have a superhero!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Thank you and your charity Batman, for what you do!

License: Chris, pictured, qualified as a pilot around 2014, when his family adopted Mr Boots from Alabama