Valued Contributor

Re: Bait & Switch Hearing - Legal Feedback Appreciated

@RinaRina wrote:

Dear QVC Friends & Pet Lovers,

THANKS for all your feedback.

You were all so helpful and I greatly appreciate your suggestions.

I felt well-prepared for the hearing, but unfortunately, I showed up at the wrong time ....  11AM instead of 9AM.

I figured out that since today is the 11th, I must've gotten the time mixed up with the date.  (Another senior moment! 😡)

I've pretty much been a basket case all day.

I just wanted to say THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

@RinaRina ------- well what happened ? Was it dismissed or were you given another date ?

Respected Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Dear QVC Friends & Pet Lovers,

THANKS for all your feedback.

You were all so helpful and I greatly appreciate your suggestions.

I felt well-prepared for the hearing, but unfortunately, I showed up at the wrong time ....  11AM instead of 9AM.

I figured out that since today is the 11th, I must've gotten the time mixed up with the date.  (Another senior moment! 😡)

I've pretty much been a basket case all day.

I just wanted to say THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

@RinaRina ------- well what happened ? Was it dismissed or were you given another date ?

===================================================

I don't know ...

I got an email from them TODAY, but I couldn't open it.

I also went to the courthouse to file a "Motion to" rehear the case but the customer service guy at the counter was so unhelpful, I broke down in tears and left.
I'll have to call tomorrow and find out ...

I believe in my city if the Plaintiff is a "no-show" the complaint is dismissed.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina- if you have one in your area, reach out to Legal Aid to get information on how to proceed.

Valued Contributor

Could this have been a "joke" .......someone with too much time on their hands ?

Esteemed Contributor

A,default judgement is filed in your case. You can file again but you need a good reason for not showing up.  Why didn't you confirm the date and time of your case. Didn't they give you a wriiten notice with the date and time to appear? I think I would just let it go. It seems to be affecting your daily life. Life is too short to continue down this stressful road.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

A,default judgement is filed in your case. You can file again but you need a good reason for not showing up.  Why didn't you confirm the date and time of your case. Didn't they give you a wriiten notice with the date and time to appear? I think I would just let it go. It seems to be affecting your daily life. Life is too short to continue down this stressful road.

===============================================

I did.

But when I called, the clerk asked for the case #.

Then she said, "XXXX (my last name), Jan 11?"

I said "yes".
Since the hearing was online, I had a question was about the phone-in procedure.

The "time" never came up in the conversation.  She told me to "log in 5 minutes before the hearing", which I did ... 10:55AM, instead of 8:55AM.

Regarding the "written" notice ... yes, I had the notice

The day they gave it to me, which was in NOVEMBER 2022, I saw the stamp, but, I never noticed that the clerk had stamped (some kind of court seal) over the time.  I didn't pay attention to the seal covering the time until AFTER I'd made the mistake.
All I saw was January 11, 2022 and I suppose I got "11" mixed up with 11:AM.

BTW, the case has been rescheduled.

I also found some incriminating evidence to support my case, the detail of which I can't post here.

So, I'm going to move forward ... in March.

I appreciate your concern.

THANKS for your help.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@elated wrote:

===============================================

I did.

But when I called, the clerk asked for the case #.

Then she said, "XXXX (my last name), Jan 11?"

I said "yes".
Since the hearing was online, I had a question was about the phone-in procedure.

The "time" never came up in the conversation.  She told me to "log in 5 minutes before the hearing", which I did ... 10:55AM, instead of 8:55AM.

Regarding the "written" notice ... yes, I had the notice

The day they gave it to me, which was in NOVEMBER 2022, I saw the stamp, but, I never noticed that the clerk had stamped (some kind of court seal) over the time.  I didn't pay attention to the seal covering the time until AFTER I'd made the mistake.
All I saw was January 11, 2022 and I suppose I got "11" mixed up with 11:AM.

BTW, the case has been rescheduled.

I also found some incriminating evidence to support my case, the detail of which I can't post here.

So, I'm going to move forward ... in March.

I appreciate your concern.

THANKS for your help.

I am so bored with this post.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2said, "I am so bored with this post......."

Why then do you continue to open the thread let alone post on it?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Because I want to !

Esteemed Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Because I want to !

Passive/aggresse behavior.