Regular Contributor

Baby, my beloved pug just crossed the bridge

Many of you know that I have pugs and that in the last 4 years I have lost 3 of my beloved pets.  But Baby, my 11 year old pug, was the love and joy and laughter of my life.  We went everywhere together, took naps together, sat in the same recliner together and she slept next to me.  When she became deaf she looked for me to be her ears and watched everywhere I went and I spent more time with her.  She was also blind in one eye and had severe hip/leg issues.  

Last week I noticed that she was not doing well, did not keep her food down and her stomach was very extended and she had trouble breathing.  She keep very close to me and the look in her eyes was telling.   Today it was really bad and I took her in to the Vet and they did extensive tests on her and the conclusion was that she had a massive tumor in her stomach and so much fluid was flowing into her lungs and stomach.  So, I had her put down to end her pain and suffering.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done and I was at her side the whole time.   So, while she is at peace and out of pain my heart is breaking.  I know it will take time, but I am lost right now.

I ask for your prayers for strength.  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Baby, my beloved pug just crossed the bridge

@devababy So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved pug "Baby". You have my prayers that your pain will be eased by the wonderful memories that you made together. She is happily playing now; and one day, you will see her again.  Hugs.

Respected Contributor

I'm so, so sorry. It is so hard to lose a dear pet. We lost our Shih Tzu a few years ago with the same issue. I know you are heartbroken. I'm sorry!

Esteemed Contributor

@devababy, so sorry to hear that you lost your precious Baby. The sadness you feel is evidence of your unforgettable love. Although she is on the other side of the Rainbow now, she is as near as a memory. Hugs from the heart. Heart

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

Anyone who adores their pets and considers them children feels your pain. I lost my first 2 goldens when they 11 years old, and it tore me apart both times. Our third golden is now 6 and rules the house, just like his predecessors. I am so sorry for your loss but you gave your fur baby all the best.  That's all we can do, and you did it well.  Hugs across the forum!! :-)♥

Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry Smiley Sad

hugs!

Respected Contributor

devababy...Sorry to hear about the Loss of Your Fur-Baby PugHeart...

Dog Not GoodByeLit Candle Flower!

You'll Meet Me in the Light!Dog Sympathy

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

devababy..

Sending my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your precious Baby. I can relate to the intense pain and heartache that you're feeling right now as I have been down that same terrible dark road more than once and will be again at some point as I'm mommy to five rescued kitties.

Please find comfort and solace in the fact that Baby always knew in her doggy heartHeart how very much you loved her,that she was surrounded by that same love when when you sent her to The Bridge with dignity and in peace, and that she is now happily running like a puppy with all of her new friends through the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place.

((((((((((DEVABABY & HER BELOVED BABY)))))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@devababy

{{{{{soft hugs}}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss.

All of us who have lost a beloved animal baby know the excruciating pain and loss you are feeling.

I sincerely hope that very soon the memories of your happy times with Baby will be the first to come to your mind.

In the meantime, please try to be at Peace with the knowledge that you gave her a wonderful, happy life, and that you gave her the last, hardest gift you could, letting her go without pain to the Bridge.  Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Sending you a big hug and my deepest sympathy for the loss of your little girl.  You were such a good momma to her and gave her excellent care.  The bond you two shared is so touching.  You did the right thing in helping Baby cross the Rainbow Bridge.  I know what a terrible time this is for you, but know that Baby is now at a place with no more pain.  She knows how much love you have for her.  Someday, I do believe, we will be reunited with our furbabies who have gone ahead.  Just picture her in the sunshine, surrounded by flowers, and playing with many new friends.  All my best.