Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Robin with broken wing

Nick Nack - My husband thought it was a robin. He is color blind. When I went out to look at the bird, I did not think it was a robin. 

But no worry - we did not touch the little guy.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  I hope the baby bird is okay.  I wish it was more obvious where it came from so you could put it back.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

Seems a little late for a robin, but whatever it was, im glad it seems to be ok!

We had a baby robin fall out of its nest at work and my co worker went out and put him back in the nest, i think it is ok to touch them.

from National Geographic:

If you can find the nest (it may be well hidden), put the bird back as quickly as possible. Don't worry—parent birds do not recognize their young by smell. They will not abandon a baby if it has been touched by humans

Honored Contributor

@Piperdellilah wrote:

Seems a little late for a robin, but whatever it was, im glad it seems to be ok!

We had a baby robin fall out of its nest at work and my co worker went out and put him back in the nest, i think it is ok to touch them.

from National Geographic:

If you can find the nest (it may be well hidden), put the bird back as quickly as possible. Don't worry—parent birds do not recognize their young by smell. They will not abandon a baby if it has been touched by humans

Thanks, Nicole good to know.

But glad we didn't have to do a thing.