Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NickNack.  The breeder may have had too many dogs to give them the individual attention they need.  I found that to be a problem when I had 5 dogs.  Maybe she'll eventually come around and become more loving.

Does she actively play with Henry now?

@Kachina624   She chases Henry occasionally but doesn't play.  He rubs against her to be affectionate and she ignores him.  When I first got her she made this awful sound every time he got near, so this is huge progress.  She only did that for a couple of weeks but was still very afraid of him for quite a while.  He only weighs 9 lbs.  She has made so much progress in the past six months.  She's blossoming.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NickNack

Your baby Ava is so adorable. Your pictures of her are always great. Do you use your phone for those pics? They are so clear and the colors are terrific.

Thank you @SilleeMee .  Yes, I use my iPhone 11 for the pictures. It has a great camera.  I just wish the Apple store would reopen so I could learn more about how to use it.  I've Googled but there's only limited information.  I can take basic pictures, but it does so much more.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

it's so heartwarming to hear this!   she is such a beautiful little girl, and i am so happy for you both !! 

Respected Contributor

So glad for you. I guess dogs, cats and people are the same. It just takes some time for some to come around than others. Hope she continues to get more comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Oh my gosh,  I could look at that little face all day.  That is one content little girl.

Merry Christmas to you, Ava and that handsome Henry.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack    Ava is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack , 

Awww, Ava is so pretty. 

Your recent picture here, and words, brought a smile to my heart. 

I am so glad you, Ava, and Henry have each other. 

I hope 2021 is a wonderful year for the three of you. 

Edited for typo mistakes. 

Respected Contributor

THAT FRENCHY FACE - it's KILLERCUTE. 

Love her squishy lil face, - you are both lucky.

Respected Contributor

Eyes are the window to the soul...Ava's are enchanting and soulful.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

What a very precious photo of your Sweet Ava.  She's very beautiful & I can tell she loves her Mommy.  Looks to me she has the comfort level with you now & trusts you enough that she's returning your affection you've given her.  

Thanks for sharing.