Esteemed Contributor

Such cute little pink ears.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@NickNack  Aww...she's so pretty!! Give her a hug and a smooch from Jett and me!! 😙 🦴

Is that a "calming bed" she has? I recently ordered one from Chewy dot com that looks exactly like that. I hope it gets her for Jett's 9th anniversary on the 12th, and that he likes it. Bought one for our cat and she won't use it. 🙄 We don't celebrate birthdays because we have no idea when he was born, but always celebrate anniversaries. This one will be extra special! I bought silver balloons that spell out "woof" and have paw prints all over them. Also purchased a box of iced dog cookies (all of them look so cute and packaged cute, too) new soft squeak toy, new harness, retractable leash, and his favorite duck flavored treats. He's in for a real treat tomorrow! We plan on going early to the park for a nice walk. 

Thank you @Mimi 1883   Yes, that's the bed that Ava has.  It's called Best Friends By Sheri on Amazon.  It was Frankie's favorite bed.  She really loved it, and so does Ava.  The bolsters on the side are what they like I think.  The bottom is very thin as you know.  I felt like it was just like they're lying on the floor.  I bought a Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad Anti Slip Mattress from Amazon to put under the bed.  It makes me feel better that it's not so hard on the bottom.  A bed that's so popular should have more support on the bottom.

It sounds like tomorrow is going to be a special day for Jett.  Happy Anniversary!  How fun to go all out like you are.

@NickNack  Haven't received his bed yet from Chewy, but I didn't realize the bottom was flat. I thought it was full and fluffy. ?  You mentioned bolsters, and Christmas of 2018, I purchased the dog bed with bolsters from Frontgate, I think it is their most popular dog bed, and a matching monogrammed bone-shaped dog pillow. He does like that bed a lot. Hopefully, the calming bed will arrive today or tomorrow.

Oh, yes, going all out for this anniversary as we're just so happy and thankful that his surgery was a success and that he is still with us!! We love that little guy so much! 🥰

Update on the squirrel-proof bird feeder: It's working out great - birds are getting all the food and the squirrels are not. 👍 I do feel bad for them, so I will occasionally sprinkle some sunflower seeds on the ground for them and the chipmunks.

Hope you All have a wonderful day! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883   It has a tiny cushion on the bottom, but when I put my hand on it I can feel the hard floor.  For the main dog bed I wanted it to be more comfortable.  I do pull it up to fluff the bottom, but as soon as it's sat on it goes flat.

I've looked at that bed in Frontgate, and it looks wonderful.  Jett is a very lucky dog.

I'm so glad the squirrel proof feeder is working for you!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack Ava is precious!  She appears to be letting it all hang out.   HA

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Target just got this cookie jar back in stock.

It was gone for awhile, but I'm buying a few for the gift baskets I make for the rescues I help.  It is adorable in person!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@NickNack 

Target just got this cookie jar back in stock.

It was gone for awhile, but I'm buying a few for the gift baskets I make for the rescues I help.  It is adorable in person!

@Witchy Woman   I can't see the picture you posted, but I know/think it's the Frenchie cookie jar you told me about earlier.  I saw it at Target recently.  They had the white and gold one.  I loved it!  I just have no room for it in my very small kitchen, so I resisted.  I appreciate your letting me know about it though.  I was very tempted.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Pretty girl ❤️Glad to hear her fur is growing back. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

Sorry you couldn't see the photo, but you already know the one.

And, I can sympathize with just  not having room for anything.  Nor do I.  That is why everything I buy gets given away.

You have the better of the two in Ava!

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Sweet Ava is a beauty & comical at the same time.  So, now, she's into posing  :Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 ,

So cute all your birthday ideas and that you are so excited about itSmiley Happy!

It sounds like Jett has a very good mama!

@NickNack -

Ava is so pretty and looks like a sweetie pie! Her fur is beautiful.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"