Respected Contributor

Re: Ava's Thyroid Test Results

I remember my friends dog, which was a resue, part shepherd mix had hair loss in spots and on his tail.   The dog was  timid and never barked.  He spent alot of his time hiding under the desk or in his crate which was always left open.  My friend worked full time so the dog was alone alot, until I offered to dog sit, and walk him.  He became so attached to me, that he ran out the door and showed up at my house, which was around the corner.  I then kept him at my house from that day on, and my friend would pick him up after work.   All his skin conditions cleared up, and he became a great watch dog, and barked too.  It was all stress related and nothing more.  Hopefully Ava has nothing serious going on...maybe just stressed with all the changes in her new life.    My friend eventually moved out of state, and Buddy and I  were closely bonded.  I asked if she would like to leave him with me, but she decided to keep him.  I cry just thinking about the sweet memories we had.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you for the follow up.

Best Wishes to Ava, Sorry she has to stay over night, but it’s necessary.

Please keep us posted.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Thank you for the follow up.

Best Wishes to Ava, Sorry she has to stay over night, but it’s necessary.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you @Drythe   Ava doesn't have to stay overnight.  She'll just spend most of the day there.  I'm dropping her off in the morning and picking her up sometime in the afternoon.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau