Honored Contributor

Re: Ava's Follow-Up Vet Appointment

The Specialty Center called and asked if I could bring Ava in for the ultrasound at 3:30 today! I’m so glad!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

i thought the same thing,but he gave me no script.   ????

But on the other hand ,my own human dr just said my blood test showed anemia and  said not to worry sbout it and didn't give me anything either....lol

But I got myself a little iron pill.as I intend to do for Cozi.

I hope  and pray for good news for Ava today   <3

Honored Contributor

Thank you @MalteseMomma. They just took her back.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

Prayers for your sweet Ava. 💗🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

@NickNack 

Prayers for your sweet Ava. 💗🙏🏻

Thank you @newtoallthis .  Ava had her ultrasound today.  I'm starting a separate thread about it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

My Beloved little Cozi passed over Rainbow Bridge this morning.The ultra sound showed inoperable cancer of his liver and spleen and his belly was full of blood.

I am heartbroken.........................

Up untill Wednesday,he was the picture of health and noone would ever suspect any was wrong with him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@NickNack 

My Beloved little Cozi passed over Rainbow Bridge this morning.The ultra sound showed inoperable cancer of his liver and spleen and his belly was full of blood.

Up untill Wednesday,he was the picture of health and noone would ever suspect any was wrong with him.

Oh no @MalteseMomma .  I'm so very sad for you.  I know how much he meant to you and understand how heartbreaking it is to lose your very special Cozi.  

I lost my Frenchie, Frankie, to a brain tumor just five months ago.  I am still heartbroken over that and will always miss her.  I will keep you in my prayers during this sad time.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Praying for

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@NickNack 

The same thing has happened to my cozi today.I am terrified.He is my life,my whole life........we have been inseperable for over 9 yrs.

He has been absolutely more than  fine and energetic all his life untill suddenly  last night at 8pm. 

He got out of bed and pooped on his potty and then went  into the itchen to sleep.Never in 9 yrs did he EVER do that.He NEVER leaves me

I got him to come back but he hesitated on the stairs to get up,he seemed frightened or something,anyway that sort of continued all nite.In the mornig I awoke to find him in the kitchen.He didn't move at all. I thought he was dead! .I petted him  to see if he was alive but he opened his eyes but didn't move.Extremly unusual!  I felt his legs body everything all was ok but he quivered as I touched his tummy. He never moved from there untill around noon. I fed him and he did eat,he went outside and pooped. I got him to the vet.Blood work ,xrays,ect $800  waiting for  expert reading results tomorrow. Blood shows anemia ???? how???He eats well! Blue Buffalo all his life. Today xray shows his kidneys are being pushed to the side a bit or lifted or sonething,liver did't look too well either he may have a mass  the vet said awaiting expert to look at them...I am beside myself with fear.......

Please keep Cozi in your prayers. 

Praying for Cozi!

Trusted Contributor

Praying for Ava.

@NickNack wrote:

I ended up taking Ava back to the Vet today.  I tried to give her a Cerenia pill for nausea, and she kept spitting the pill pocket out.  Then I took the pill and pushed it down her throat and she threw up.  I took her in for a Cerenia injection and fluids and to discuss other things.

The Vet gave her a Cerenia injection, fluids under the skin and did blood work.  She just had blood work when I got her four months ago, but she repeated it to see if anything had changed.  She also added a test for pancreatitis.

I will have the ultrasound done, too, but it has to be done at a specialty clinic.  My Vet has an ultrasound machine, but it isn't new like the one at the specialty Vet and can't do as comprehensive a test.  The specialty Vet has someone who does this all the time.  I hope I can get that scheduled soon.  Someone will call me.

Praying for Ava.

Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@NickNack 

So very sorry to hear about the loss of beloved Cozi.My prayers are with you.