Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Check out WetNoses website when you have a few minutes. They have really expanded their line of products. I purchase the organic biscuits/cookies for our dogs and the large snacking bones for special treats. They have a variety of dog food. Hopefully, you will find something that works for the both of you. Give Ava a kiss from all of us. 

@Fressa   I will, but I'm hoping the Fromm whitefish & potato will work.  She got sick before I started transitioning her to it.  My Vet is hoping she won't get sick on it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

First let me say this about that:

YOU ARE A  S T E L L A R  PET PARENT, AND I APPLAUD YOU AND YOUR LOVE FOR AVA, NO MATTER THE CO$T.

Second let me say:

You can tell by looking at her pic that she's feeling lousy, pooooor baby.

Take your time with her - she'll likely get better soon and perhaps reach out to the manufacturer of Z/D and see if they can help you out with bulk buying pricing or perhaps coupons to alleviate the big co$t of doing right by her diet needs.

Prayers she get better ASAP and again, thanking you for loving her to kibbles n bits as you do.

You're a Good Mom!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Farmina, has a vet formula, might look at their site.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack    My Jack Russells had queezy tummies in the mornings sometimes. I gave them a handful of dry food at bedtime. That tends to stop clear foamy throwing up from an empty tummy. But not actual vomiting. Once they ate they were fine.

One dog could only eat a spoonful at a time over a half hour. It worked for many years for him. 
  I have a female who doesn't want breakfast occasionally but will eat later. Just picky.

My 16 year old who passed in July was doing well on probiotics to help digestion. 
  I certainly hope your Ava can tolerate some food and stop this circle. 

Esteemed Contributor

We love our pups so much. I am giving my 10 1/2 year old beagle daily chemo pills, after her surgery for soft tissue sarcoma. I pray that we can save her. I certainly understand how difficult and worrisome these health crises are when our dogs are sick. I hope all goes well for Ava...and for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ava Is Sick Again

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers wrote:

@NickNack    My Jack Russells had queezy tummies in the mornings sometimes. I gave them a handful of dry food at bedtime. That tends to stop clear foamy throwing up from an empty tummy. But not actual vomiting. Once they ate they were fine.

One dog could only eat a spoonful at a time over a half hour. It worked for many years for him. 
  I have a female who doesn't want breakfast occasionally but will eat later. Just picky.

My 16 year old who passed in July was doing well on probiotics to help digestion. 
  I certainly hope your Ava can tolerate some food and stop this circle. 

@1Snickers   Thank you.  I've been giving Ava a little dry food at bedtime since she started throwing up in the morning, and it didn't help.  I added omeprazole a few days ago.  I've been giving her probiotics since she got sick a couple of months ago.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

We love our pups so much. I am giving my 10 1/2 year old beagle daily chemo pills, after her surgery for soft tissue sarcoma. I pray that we can save her. I certainly understand how difficult and worrisome these health crises are when our dogs are sick. I hope all goes well for Ava...and for you.

Thank you @Vivian .  I'm so sorry your dog has to go through chemo treatment.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Awe sweet Ava. I read it all @NickNack  especially when it’s about Ava. I hope she gets to feeling well soon. Praying meds work and she’s able to keep her food down.

Honored Contributor

Ava is eating something in the yard.  I've been noticing it.  She just went outside and was eating in the yard.  I finally called iher back in.  She threw up a tiny amount.  I couldn't really tell what it was because of everything around it, but it might be bunny poop.  I wonder if that's what's making her sick.  I never see bunnies though.  

She came back in and threw that tiny amount up and wouldn't eat her supper or take her metronidazole.  I think I'm going to start taking her outside on a leash,  I hate to deprive her from running around the yard, but i think it may be making her sick.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Sweet Ava looks a bit sad, I hope she is much better very soon.

I started cooking for our dogs years ago because we had a shepherd/ St. Bernard cross who was allergic to beef.  NO interesting store bought choices then.  So, home cooked Lamb and rice was the go to for her.

Smell good things in the yard can be an issue, sometimes those busy noses lead them astray.  Think you have a good idea watching her for a bit.

Really hope Ava is better soon, it is frightening when our babies don’t feel well.  You need a nice quite break.  

{{{Hugs}}} to Ava & Henry💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras