Honored Contributor

I think perhaps my next dog,will probably be my last, getting older, that is very sad,i hope not ,but  i have a large yard, invisable fence,that i train them on,a walking path through the woods across the street, there and back is two miles,and a extra 1 mile on a not busy road, i am thinking of spring time pup, they are saying we will be getting a bunch of snow this winter,we are in a drought here,so we need it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

From what I've heard, they are very high energy dogs and need lots of exercise. They are herding dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

Have an Australian Aussie/Cattle Dog mix.  They are loyal to family members yet can be shy and suspicious of strangers.  Not extremely friendly with other dogs, but can be trained to tolerate them.  Can also be territorial do not expect an invisible fence to contain them.  They will take the punishment so they can run free.  While walks will satisfy many dogs, most hearding breeds need to run free and lots of exercise for their minds.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Re: Australian Sheppards

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

If you would like a golden puppy in the spring then the dog lady has pups about that time. But you will need to secure one ahead of time b/c her pups are usually sold before they are even born. She is not a puppy mill and has a very small number of pups each year. She is also very picky about who gets her dogs, but you would have absolutely no problems with that part. 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@drizzellla 

I can't see your picture and I would love to see it!

Sorry - not sure why you can't see the picture.

Drythe - Let's try again

Respected Contributor

We had 2 of this wonderful breed. One of them was a dandy soccer ball playing pup and we took him to the beach one day and a South American soccer team was there practicing by chance and when they saw his moves they wanted to sign him up. He could herd that black and white ball around like a champ....left those fellas in the sand. They wanted him as their mascot. Sometimes he would just take his soccer ball  on a "herd" run around the yard for fun with a cute little barkie talk to that ball as he went These dogs need LOTS of exercise so be ready. Super smart and sweet too. We now have Silky Terriers...more Aussies!

Valued Contributor

I have a ten-month old female Border/Aussie; soon to get her 8 week old brother. She is the sweetest, smartest, most active dog I have ever had.  I have a large fenced yard (1/2 acre) and that seems to be enough for her.  She could play frisbee non-stop 24/7.  I'm 70 and you need alot of energy for this breed.  Well worth it!  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

If you would like a golden puppy in the spring then the dog lady has pups about that time. But you will need to secure one ahead of time b/c her pups are usually sold before they are even born. She is not a puppy mill and has a very small number of pups each year. She is also very picky about who gets her dogs, but you would have absolutely no problems with that part. 

I just sent her a e mail, !!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I'm gad you emailed her. I hope she can at least give you more info about where to find a nice golden, maybe closer to you.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

I'm gad you emailed her. I hope she can at least give you more info about where to find a nice golden, maybe closer to you.

I have been in contact with some one here,  she stopped breeding, and my breeder of spirit,and spencer has also stopped, a 2 yr. wait with one other, i assumed she ship one ,i got cambridge from a breeder in Oregon,9 yrs ago.