Esteemed Contributor

Re: Asking for prayers for sick dog.

I am profoundly sorry for the loss of your darling Brady.  No matter how old, nor sick, a furbaby is, it is always a loss.

Be comforted in knowing you did your very best for him.  But when it was his time to cross the Rainbow Bridge, you prepared him well and then let him go.  It's the final act of love any pet guardian should do.

Your post is such a moving piece.  Grady knew and still knows how very much he was loved.  Think of him now running around in fields of flowers, playing with lots and lots of new friends.  

I know now what a very sad time this is for you and your family.  My best to all of you.

We have lost several, so I can speak from experience.  You might try making a very special scrapbook honoring him.  It helped me to write a final letter to the furbaby and then writing a letter from furbaby to us, imagining what what would be said.  It helped me a lot to do so.  Again, all my best.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for hearting my post.

Grady is now playing with Ziggy, a little "hot dog" girl, who crossed the Bridge I believe late Friday night.  She was 15 and was struggling with her issues.  My brother and SIL's baby.  I can just imaging Grady helping her to run just a little bit faster.  I bet they are already the best of friends.  Through tears for both of them, I am smiling.

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers your way for you and Grady.  I've owned a lot of cats (never owned a dog) and have had to help several of them go to heaven.  

You will know when it is time to help him go to heaven.  

Honored Contributor

I came back this evening to see how your sweet boy was doing (I last posted on the 5th) and was so saddened to find out that you had decided to send Grady to The Bridge yesterday. Your post was so beautiful and so poignant and so moving.

My heart and my condolences goes out to you and your family at this devastating time in your lives.

Please find comfort and solace in the fact that your precious Grady always knew in his doggy heart Hearthow very much he was loved by all of you and that he's now happily running like a puppy with all of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place on the other side of The Bridge.

I'll light a candle for Grady at the pet loss dot come site once I'm done with this post.

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

I read through your post with tears in my eyes.  This is a beautiful tribute to your beloved Grady.  What a blessed dog and how blessed were you to have him in your family.

My condolences to you and your family.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

mominohio...Sorry to hear about the Loss of  your Fur Baby GradyHeart...

Dog Not GoodByeLit Candle Flower!You'll Meet Me in the Light!

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio, thank you so much for sharing the beautiful story of Grady's last day and night with you and your family. Also, I am so relieved you chose to let him go now. He was such a brave boy and you would have done anything to keep him with you but spared him from more pain and suffering. I cried when reading your post but I smiled when you said he had his favorite treat of miniature marshmallows. Hugs to you and your family.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I seldom have read a more moving and heartfelt tribute to a beloved pet, Mominohio.  Very few dogs on this planet experienced more pure love than your dear Grady.  You gave him the greatest of gifts in the twilight of his life:  the opportunity to enjoy all the people and places and things that made his life so happy -- and the opportunity to let go of pain as he ascends to his next journey.

Grady lives among angels now as he most surely deserves -- and he lived the life of a king treasured by his most loving family.  He gave you all of his love, and you gave him all of yours.  There is no higher aspiration for us in this life.  Thank for sharing all of it with us in this sharpest time of your grief; our prayers are with your family.

Godspeed, dear Grady! 

You have already said all I could say and my prayers too are with Mominohio and her family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

My heart truly breaks for you!  I am at a loss for words, words that will express my total sadness.  You know though, Grady will always be with you and guarding you from Heaven.  So very, very sorry for your loss...

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio, you did a wonderful job taking such sweet and tender care of your dog, Grady. Good job for being such a wonderful animal lover.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder