Respected Contributor

Re: Article -- Who Loves Their Humans More -- Cats or Dogs?

i like and have owned both dogs and cats, but, dogs are more demonstative imo.  cats are affectionate in their own way, purring and climbinhg on you. butting heads and all that.  dogs i think will lick, talk, not that cats don't, jump, and do all sorts of acrobats to get your attention.  maybe, dogs are just louder!!!!  could be a close race here.  now i just don't know!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

If they could open the refrigerator.........they wouldn't even NEED us.........

tumblr_nq67t8n1JZ1rwbf4ro3_r1_400.gif (268×232)

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@beastielove wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

This was an apples and oranges comparison, and  I disagree with the conclusions.

Aww:

I agree with you 100%!!

I have had cats all of my life...am currently "Mommy" to five (all rescues)... and every single one of them always blessed me with their unconditional kitty love! Cat HappyHeart

As far as I'm concerned Paul Zak is a cluless idiot, an animal abuser (animals in a lab!!!) and a fraud!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

My rescue kitty Freyja approves this message!

I'm sure my other 6 rescues do too but she was the one sitting on my desk right now.  

Oh, what a wonderful cat mommy you are!   Heart

I think dogs are more demonstrative, but that doesn't mean they have "more" of any kind of emotion.    Dogs get all excited when they see the garbage truck, too!  LOL

OTOH, cats are more discerning and have deep relationships and love for their "significant other" humans.    Heart

Trusted Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

well, i;ve had cats, birds and dogs and they all love us equally.  they just choose to show it differently.  that's their different personalities.

I think that this is true.

Dogs are known for being pack animals, or for belonging to a pack. 

Cats are known for being solitary.

A cat will come to you when they want to be affectionate. That has been true of any cat that I've had. I think that that is where they have mistakenly gotten that "aloof" identity from. That doesn't mean that they are like that, though. They just tend to do things on their terms. Smiley Happy

Every cat that I have personally had though, has been very loving in its own way.

For this particular experiment, it probably would have been better if the researcher would have seen cats and dogs in their own environments with their owners. I think that he probably would have gotten a much better idea of pet/owner relationships then, in my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

I have had cats and dogs. To me it's the same amount of love, it's just expressed differently.

Right now, we have 2 cats because our lifestyle makes it harder to have a dog. Everyday that I come through the door and they are waiting for me, I always say "Cats are so nice to come home to." I also appreciate that they are less removed from wild than dogs are!

Lazy cat translates to lazy mini lion! AND they take care of any household spiders!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield