Occasional Visitor

My dog goes nuts in love when I apply my Argan to legs, feet, hands. Can I put Argan on his nose? Is it ok to put any form of Argan on a dog? 

Frequent Contributor

Don't have an answer to your question, but I know my cats are always trying to lick it off my hands.

Esteemed Contributor

I put Argon oil on my doxie!  He loves it!  Great for his skin but he wants to pick it all off!

Bought a cheaper one from the Amazon.  Be sure if is first press and has no additives.  Needs to be pure!

I put some on his paw so I can put it on his back while he picks his paw!  Works!

Honored Contributor

My dogs go nuts over oils particularly Vaseline.  They're always trying to lick my feet when I put it on during the winter.  Even after I put socks on.  

Honored Contributor

@Krissyhug5    You might get more "suggestions" if you place this thread in the Pet Lovers forum!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Argan on DOG ?

[ Edited ]

My vet recommends oil (castor) for all my dogs only for constipation. Administer at your own risk. They can lick legs, feet, etc.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have GSD's and use both eht argan oil & blam on their skin "boo-boos". My female has allergies but still will scratch at her ears. Her skin is very dry.She does take allergy pills every day. The oil helps moisturizer the skin and it absorbs quickly.

My male has hard callous on his knees so I use the balm on that skin. It helps it soften a bit so he picks at it less.

I have discussed this with our vet. She was surprised at the improvement with both of them and the "boo-boos". Since it's all natural she said that it would not harm them and obviously it was working.