Honored Contributor

Re: Are you concerned about over vaccination?

@spent2much,   One thing I found out from my friend is she got a 3 yr. vaccination for her cat and the cat got very sick because it was too much for the cat's system.  In some states it is a law that every pet be vaccinated for Rabbies.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1As with alll vaccines a severe recction can happen.  There are several rabies vaccines on the market these days.  If your friend needs to get a rabies vaccine for her kitty have her find out WHICH vaccine her kitty reacted to and try another kind.  There is a rabies vccine made especially for cats that she might have her vet look into. it is not a 3 year vaccine.  It's hard when you try to do your best for your pet and they end up hurting instead.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1I've been reading about many pets being injured (or even killed) from over vaccination.  I've also read that the 1 year rabies vaccine is the exact same as the 3 year vaccine.  I've had our Golden's blood drawn, sent to Kansas State Lab (very reasonable) and her "titers" show she's immunized from rabies, parvo, distemper, etc.  She'll never get another vaccine without my having her titers checked again.  I've been following Dr. John Robb at ProtectThePets.com.  Everything concerning this (and more) is explained on this website.  Thanks for your interest.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!