Respected Contributor

Re: Are Three Dogs Too Much?

I have a lot of dog hair at my house. so I have tried most every Shark vacuum. I really love the Shark complete last TSV. It does a great job and it not to heavy. 

Honored Contributor

@conlt  Aren't Shelties the cutest?  They do such quirky things.  I've heard claims that they're wired differently from other dogs.  Yours are adorable. 

My blue Charlie had a marbeled blue eye too.  What I really, really want is a red merle mini Aussie (now AKA Miniature American Shepherds) with blue eyes.  They are just too active for me these days. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I have a lot of dog hair at my house. so I have tried most every Shark vacuum. I really love the Shark complete last TSV. It does a great job and it not to heavy. 

@conlt  I accidently ran into a website where people put up money for the development of new products, equal to the discounted price of the item.  Then when it's marketable they receive the item.  So Bissell is developing a dog cleaning machine along the lines of their Spot Bot.  It uses a special shampoo, no water and you use a hose to go over the dog.  Cleans with minimal wetting.  It'll be available for sale this summer; I'm expecting to receive one in May. 

The only catch is it makes noise like a vacuum cleaner and none of my dogs is fond of that so some training and conditioning will be involved.  Bing, my sheltie, goes bonkers over the Vitamix. 

This place has some of the neatest projects they're working on.  I also got in on a security camera.  I didn't know such a place existed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have three small dogs and love them dearly but really wish I had stopped at two.  A lot depends on your health and age and financial situation.  If something happened to my husband I would definitley have to part with his dog because he is the one that is the hardest to deal with (bites, chases cars, etc.).  I worry when we go off that something might happen and what would happen to the dogs.  It is almost like having children.  Also it seems when they get sick it is hundreds of dollars, also teeth cleaning, healthy food.  I always had a dog and cannot imagine life without one but the older I get the harder it seems to have them.  If I outlive the ones I have there will not be any more.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the compliment. I love my pack. Yes I think Shelties are wired different then other dogs. Every singe one I have ever had spins circles. I do a lot of dog training and those aussies are so beautiful but very stubborn. They are not easy to train because they are so head strong. I would have thought they would be very trainable because they are smart but the stubbornness wins. My trainer says "Shelties come pre-trained" she is right on that one. They are very easy to train. 

Respected Contributor

It sounds interesting. I used to bath my Shelties but it is to hard for me now, just to kneel at the tub. I have a wonderful groomer who spoils them. My little Halo (the sable and white) is spoiled and they don't put her in a kennel at the groomer. She has a special pillow set-up for Halo. My groomer is the best. Let me know when you get the machine. It sounds intriguing. 

Honored Contributor

@bichon mom  Have you decided what you're going to do yet?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I had 4 at one time,  just lost one to cancer.  2 are mine one was my son's who moved. yes it was hard at times, but i wouldn't trade that time for anything. they give so much love and smiles, if you have room in your heart you can make it work. Please make sure if you don't,  it goes to a loving home, it deserves much love !

Honored Contributor

We have 5 dogs and 2 cats.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I have two American cocker spaniels --they are a handful, and last year spent $10T on one dog for 2 ACL surgeries.   My DH wanted to purchase their "brother" when we brought them home as puppies almost 10 years ago.    Since I only have two hands (for walking them, scratching backs, and covering my ears from all the barking), we declined, but always wondered what happened to their little brother.

Go with your heart's desire. @bichon mom