Contributor

@goldensrbest I never though of Vit E, I will certainly give that a try if the flax seed oil isn't successful. And what does the sea kelp do? I'm going to research that now too. These boards are so informative! 

Honored Contributor

Any one tried, these 3 items, Histoplex, Betathyme,or Atronex?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Contributor

I usually use Allivet for $1.70 for 5.4 mg but I just ordered the same perscription from Chewy a few days ago for $1.60 per pill. Love it.

Respected Contributor

Hi Smiley Happy

I also have a Golden, & only use holistic remedies on him (& the cats, too).

I order from a company called "Pet Essences" for a variety of issues. Between the dog & older cats, I've used several remedies. I'm amazed at how well they work. 

I have 2 cats (sisters) with skin extreme allergies (sometimes caused by the food they eat). Their skin would break out like a teenager- it was crazy, & SO itchy for them. For this, I purchased the "Skin Irritation" remedy. I apply it topically daily to the top/back of their neck. It works perfectly, & their skin is clear.

For your dog, they have a remedy called "Allergies"- this is what it says....

A more common problem than one might think. Food, grasses, pollens, pollutants in the environment and more can cause difficulties for animals.

When an animal’s body cannot fully process something that it has come in contact with, internally or externally, we see the results as the body works to rid itself of the offending materials

We think of these presenting symptoms such as runny eyes, crusty ears, skin eruptions, dripping mucus from the nose as allergies.

To use flower essences to help eliminate the symptoms of allergies it is not necessary to know the source of the troublesome material.

Put several drops directly in the mouth or on the skin 4x a day.

The animals get used to it, & don't mind it at all. If your pup doesn't like it put directly in their mouth, you can puts the drops on a tiny piece of bread (or something that absorbs the liquid).

This company has many different remedies, & you can call them & ask questions. Initially when the cats were REALLY itchy, I applied both the Skin Irritation & the Calming remedies. The 2 would perfectly together....they could relax while their skin healed. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Our vet recommended Bioseb shampoo and so far so good for allergies. 

Bioseb Shampoo (16 oz) | Healthypets