Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Here Have Experience With Savannahs?

@sometimesQVCaddict 

Super long?  LOL I hear you!

cimg0176.jpg

Denise
Valued Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@sometimesQVCaddict 

Super long?  LOL I hear you!

cimg0176.jpg

What an absolute cutie!  YES, that's like my boy was!  Either stretched out or squished in a tiny ball!  Mine had spots, not stripes though & had 'glitter fur' too.  I always thought my boy had a 'pink panther' face too! lol I guess you pay extra to have glitter fur bred into them. (I learned as I got to know the breed after I got him) I was able to get his breeder paperwork he came with from the person who I rescued him from. She kept that for some reason but never kept up with vet visits or socialized him or made sure he had proper water/food, or took care of him....anyway...

He had a regular 'housecat' name with me though and lived a regular housecat life with my other rescue kitties!  His length was how he was able to reach the doors to open them...it was nothing height-wise for him to reach! lol Also the muscles! No one believed me until they had to help me get him into his carrier to go to the vet! He never hurt anyone or me! After a few years, he'd just walk in when I asked him to...but in the beginning...oh my!!!!

Respected Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict 

Yes, Rocko had the stripes as he was a "marble".  Leave it to us, we went looking for a spotted female and ended up with an F3 marble male!  LOL  Wish I still had a picture of his daddy - Teeco was an absolutely gorgious tri-color marble, but Rocko never developed the "orange" glittered fur.

Denise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

HADJI.

Hadji5.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I have decided to hold off on adopting a Savannah at this time.

They are beautiful, and I would love to be owned by one some day, but today is not that day.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.