Respected Contributor

Re: šŸ• Any *young adult+* Chihuahua owners here? šŸ•

At one time I had 5 long haired chihuahuas. Where the username came from. All but one have passed. Now I have one 13 year old boy. When I used to free feed them I put food in their bowl and allowed them to eat whenever. And they all did good like that. Once I got my 2 new French Bulldog puppies I started feeding my dogs separately twice a day. I mix dry and wet food. 
My old chi boy used to get hypoglycemia when he was a pup so I had to be careful with him. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop   @GingerPeach 

Just too cute!!!!!  Thanks for the pics.  I love their coloring.  Exactly what I want.  I'm hoping to find one that is multicolored color.  I also want a long haired Chi w/perky ears.  Am I asking too much? Smiley Very Happy

Kiku looks like a fox!  Never seen a fluffy Chihuahua.  Is she/he mixed w/something else @GingerPeach ?

I say young adult because I want one no older than 3-4 yrs.  They are all long living dogs.  Living up to 18-20 on average w/minimal health issues. Smiley Surprised  My vet told me obesity is their enemy when it comes to Chihuahuas.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lali1   I use an automatic feeder w/my cat.  I plan on doing the same when I get my Chi.   Want the dog to get used to feeding & going out on a regular schedule.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@BornToShop   @GingerPeach 

Just too cute!!!!!  Thanks for the pics.  I love their coloring.  Exactly what I want.  I'm hoping to find one that is multicolored color.  I also want a long haired Chi w/perky ears.  Am I asking too much? Smiley Very Happy

Kiku looks like a fox!  Never seen a fluffy Chihuahua.  Is she/he mixed w/something else @GingerPeach ?

I say young adult because I want one no older than 3-4 yrs.  They are all long living dogs.  Living up to 18-20 on average w/minimal health issues. Smiley Surprised  My vet told me obesity is their enemy when it comes to Chihuahuas.

Hi @Mz iMac 

I always say I was so lucky when I found her. She wasn't even the first dog who caught my eye at the shelter, but she is the smartest, sweetest, and cleverest dog I've ever had.  It was one of those "the dog picked me" situations. I hope that happens for you, MziMac. Heart

@on the bay She is definitely sweet! She loves to make friends. She misses that now that we are in the times we are in.

I am not sure whether she has anything else in her, but for the most part, she is a deer head chihuahua (as opposed to the apple head).

I think she looks like a fox, too. Like a fox in a German shepherd suit!

She's got sort of a medium coat with a really fluffy tail.  Sorry, I could go on and on. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since others added pics why not 

My crew back in the day. The only one still living is the little white boy with black markings who is now 13. They all  grew much longer thicker coats as they got older. 4CB7BB76-7A94-4CAC-92DB-BAA10B634D5B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lali1   Your babies are just too cute for words.

Oh, I forgot to mention.  I live in the NE so I will be training my Chi to use the litter robot which is automatic self cleaner litter box during the winter months.

I need to buy Chewy dot com stocks