Trusted Contributor

Another animal abuse story

[ Edited ]

This is another animal abuse story so if this topic is upsetting to you, please don't read it.

Tennessee linebacker Aaron Beasley was suspended indefinitely on Monday night amid allegations that he abused a 6-month-old cat for eating his and his girlfriend's food while they were out of the apartment.

The cat is currently being treated at an animal hospital in Knoxville, and was diagnosed with a small concussion and kidney failure.  It is alleged that Beasley had put the cat into the toilet. He also allegedly hit and kicked the cat and locked him in the toilet bowl and held him upside down by the tail. 

The owner reported that the cat now has brain damage and will now have a hard time walking, and has a bleeding hemorrhage on his kidney caused from internal bleeding from being kicked, clots in his bladder, and is currently in an oxygen tank.

Gee, big, brave, linebacker abusing a little six month old kitten.  He should be kicked off the football team and be prosecuted.   There should be a zero tolernce of animal abuse (and child abuse, also.)   If I were his girlfriend, it would be EX-girlfriend, and any future romantic interests ---- should ask herself what kind of a father this scum would be.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: Another animal abuse story

He needs to be arrested and this story should be in every news and social media outlet 

Respected Contributor

He is scum!

Honored Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

This is another animal abuse story so if this topic is upsetting to you, please don't read it.

A Tennessee linebacker Aaron Beasley was suspended indefinitely on Monday night amid allegations that he abused a 6-month-old cat for eating his and his girlfriend's food while they were out of the apartment.

The cat is currently being treated at an animal hospital in Knoxville, and was diagnosed with a small concussion and kidney failure.  It is alleged that Beasley had put the cat into the toilet. He also allegedly “hit and kicked” the cat and “locked him in the toilet bowl and held him upside down by the tail.  The owner reported that the cat now has brain damage and will now have a hard time walking, and has a bleeding hemorrhage on his kidney caused from internal bleeding from being kicked, clots in his bladder, and is currently in an oxygen tank.

Gee, big, brave, linebacker abusing a little six month old kitten.  He should be kicked off the football team and be prosecuted.  If I were his girlfriend, it would be ex-girlfriend, and any future romantic interests ---- the female should ask herself what kind of a father this scum would be.  

@wismiss 

I am familiar with what this

vile s*****g Beasley did to that

precious kitten as it's all over

the news.He absolutely disgusts

me! Cat Mad

Too bad that there isn't a law that

states that the punishment will fit

the crime i.e. everything that a

s*****g animal abuser intentionally

does to a precious innocent animal

will be done to them! Beasley would be

the perfect candidate!Cat Mad

I would love to know why the

girlfriend did NOTHING to

get her kitten away from that

b*****d. Her complicity makes

her just as guilty! No lame excuses

accepted! Cat Mad

If that had been one of my beloved

kitties the outcome would have been

VERY different as I would have been

the equivilant of a Lioness protecting

her cub!Cat Mad

My heart aches for that sweet

precious innocent kitten who had

to suffer intense pain and terrifying

abuse for NO REASON!:catmad:

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws   =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This man should be arrested.  Animal abuse is against the law.

And, yes, this story should be given much publicity.  This man has out of control anger issues, and he is dangerous.

That poor little kitty.  Let’s hope there are large demonstrations when this guy has his day in court.

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, animal abusers very rarely get what should be coming to them in the form of punishment.

Honored Contributor

While I didn't read the post because it would upset and anger me, I decided to comment anyway.  

Any person who abuses an animal needs to be held accountable, fined or put in jail and not be allowed to have an animal as a pet or work around animals.  These types have issues and whatever abuse they do to animals often, as we know, transitions to humans.

People may think I shouldn't be responding because I didn't read the article but animal abuse must be strongly punished in each and every state, it is unacceptable and those who  do it despicable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wismiss    I see no point in your posting this story.  This is one nut case committing an atrocity, not the norm. I'm sure he'll  be appropriately punished.  What the point in posting it on a shopping bulletin board?  It will disturb some people.   It's too graphic and inappropriate IMO. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624, this was not posted on a shopping bulletin board, but on a Pet Lovers category.  I didn't even post it in an all encompassing forum, like Community Chat.  As far as upsetting people, that is why I prefaced it with my first paragraph.  And, no, I am NOT sure he will be appropriately punished.  His football ability may override his reprehensible acts.  We must raise people's awareness of how, unfortunately, animal abuse is widespread and how the public's outrage at such treatment sends a message to the potential/active abusers that this type of rage is not going to be condoned or minimized. 

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss    I think the participants on this forum are quite aware of the abuse that occurs to animals.  This may be a pet forum but it is a shopping board and is not dedicated to pets or the discussion of cruelty atrocities.  It was obviously intended to shock and that sort of graphic detail is not necessary. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment