Super Contributor

Re: Another Buttercup Update!

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl: I forgot to mention that I also take care of two adults kitties: Garfield (boy) and Klunk (girl) they started tolerating the young kitties. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Buttercup Update!

Well, I picked Buttercup up from the vet's office today, where he has been for 10 days.  He looks thinner, but some of that is because they were able to clean him up a bit and get rid of the clumps that he would not let me remove.  I took him a few cans of food that he likes while he was there, because he was not eating their food.  He ate his regular food right up.

When we got home, I let him out of the carrier right on my front stoop and he really did not seem to know what to do.  He did eat and I guess he is back to wherever he sleeps.  I have food and water out for him, along with a cooling pad.

The weather will be nice here this week, but I am anticipating winter and what I am going to do with him.  He has now had the opportunity to sleep indoors and probably feel safe.  Since the vet thinks he was born outside, those 10 days probably were the first ones where he got really good sleep.

Since he is FIV positive, he cannot come in the house unless I can put him in the garage, which might be an option.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks for all the nice comments as I have kept everyone updated.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!