Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat..This is for you!

[ Edited ]
  • This week I ordered a ramp from chewy for my aging shihtzu

.He was terrified of it it. I called chewy and asked  how to return .They told me to donate it and helped me pick out a diffrent option. Later yesterday my husband met with some friends for a cookout.There was a new friend brought by another .His name was Bill...He brought a big white boxer named Annabelle.While only 3 her hips were very bad, he was struggling to get her in and out of his van...

I had found my recipient  of this ramp

..A higher purpose was set in motion

.Today my husband loaded that ramp into the car a gift for Annabelle!I told my husband I have a friend Annabelle  with a cat named Bill!He agreed someone was trying to send you a message...They found away to let you know you are remembered and watched over.A good deed from  the Angel's for you!

Honored Contributor

Re: @Annabellethecat..This is for you!

@Tweety68   That worked out perfectly!  I hope the ramp works well for Annabelle.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

20190601_155920.jpg

Respected Contributor

it's KISMET - meant to be

You did a great thing for that furbaby - and who knew finding the "gift" a new home would be as simple as that. I'm sure Annabele's hips are rejoicing.

It's a win-win in the purest form.  Bless your heart. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Tweety68  OMG!  I finally saw it.  Thanks to everyone who sent me over here.

I think the problem with this forum is once I click over to see my posts to me, they all turn color as if I've read all of them.

I haven't been on here as much as lately so, like this afternoon when I clicked onto my name there were 27 notifications (but just one click and they ALL turned as if I'd read all of them).

So, I loose track of what I looked at/and/or responded to.  As you've probably noticed I'm not the brightest light bulb in the bunch and I have the attention span of a fruit fly (I'm on the computer/off the computer/in the kitchen/laying down watching tv/in the tv room again/kitchen (you get the idea).

Part of it is because if I sit for very long my bad back aches too bad.  Lately I've had a terrible time with swelling in my feet and legs.  That means I have to get up and move around!

I do apologize for taking so long to answer your post.  I love the story.

You know I'm like you in that I sometimes think the Universe (or whomever you want to believe, I prefer GOD) sends us little messages here and there (it's also my late husband keeping me in line from Heaven).

THIS (your post) and experience was one of them.  There's a show that comes on here in Va on Saturdays about a lady Vet who has various stories about animals on her show.

I saw one about an elderly lady who takes in dogs who are so old they're left to die.  I copied down her name and the name of her place (she relies on donations) and intend to send her a check for a little money to help pay for it.

When I do that I don't care if she uses it on herself or the animals.  It makes me feel good and just to be doing that, well, she must be a good person.

I have a friend that I went to high school with.  She and her sister both have farms in North Carolina that takes in horses that have been mistreated, etc.

I'll be sending her some money to help pay for these wonderful animals.  It's an expensive venture to do that.  She's posted on facebook how she's bought so many back to life.

It's wonderful that we live in a world where there are people like you and your husband and my friend(s) that are willing to help animals that need help.

I also say no one would have Katie the cat live with them.  He pukes up constantly.  I find huge hairballs all over my house.  They look like cat poops sometimes they're so big and stiff (they're everywhere).  It's totally ruined my wall to wall carpeting.  I've paid over and over to get the rugs dry

cleaned and in no time it's stained again.

But I feel like it was meant to be (just you and your honey said) that Katie came to live with me.

(A quick Ha! Ha!)...So my youngest daughter (the other Katie) is coming to Virginia for about a month to work and visit everyone soon.  Here's the problem.  Some of the time she'll be staying with me.

Every time I call Katie the cat, the other Katie asks me what I want!  She says, "Mom!  Why'd you have to name the cats after me and Dad"?  I say, "Well because that way I feel closer to both of you".  I love all of you and it makes me feel good.

She's also bringing her dog, Luna Lee (we call her).  I have no idea what Bill is going to do when he meets Luna.  Luna is amazing!  Like Bill everyone loves Luna! 

But Bill only saw a very, very small dog once.  He sniffed it and walked away (bored).  But Luna is medium size and many times bigger than Bill the cat, so hang on to your hats, this is going to be interesting.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 .Thank you..I am happy to call you friend for loving all the creators beings..You are a special person.No blessing is too small.May you have many happy days... Enjoy the love you have...Give your babies a hug from me...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tweety68 

I think you might want something like this for your Shih Tzu.  I've had many elderly small dogs who just loved it.  I think the air space under the ramp might be off-putting to them.   They never liked actual steps either, but loved the solid ramp.

This is just the first picture similar to what I used to have that I found in a search for "dog ramps."  This one is at a place called playsafepetstairs DOT com.  It seems pretty pricey there and I paid much less many years ago. (Mine was a darker color which was all they had back then.)  Anyway, good hunting!

Image result for dog ramp

Ah,well, chewy has this one.  

Pet Gear Step & Ramp Combination, Chocolate

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Tweety68 

I think you might want something like this for your Shih Tzu.  I've had many elderly small dogs who just loved it.  I think the air space under the ramp might be off-putting to them.   They never liked actual steps either, but loved the solid ramp.

This is just the first picture similar to what I used to have that I found in a search for "dog ramps."  This one is at a place called playsafepetstairs DOT com.  It seems pretty pricey there and I paid much less many years ago. (Mine was a darker color which was all they had back then.)  Anyway, good hunting!

Image result for dog ramp

Ah,well, chewy has this one.  

Pet Gear Step & Ramp Combination, Chocolate

I used a ramp like the one used by @GingerPeach  for my elderly Yorkies.   I think they liked the fact that the ramp was not too steep.    The ramp from Chewey.com looks like it is too short and steep for a dog to feel comfortable using it.  

I also had the steps for my dogs and they would use them but they preferred the ramp especially to get on and off the bed.  

Honored Contributor

Good point, @J Town Girl 

We should all be paying such good attention.  Thank you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.