Honored Contributor

Annabellethecat, Is Bill Home?

@Annabellethecat66 Does he like watermelon?35E9562D-981D-42A8-9EBA-5758A9AB713C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Annabellethecat, Is Bill Home?

He's in my bed right now!  He's been eating all day long!

He looks a lot like the picture.  Older, but orange.  

Everyone loves Bill, even people who don't like cats ask me if they can take him home.

My friend shampooed my rugs the other day.  I have video's in the house.  I checked in and he was right there as she's using this huge machine....she kept saying, "Bill, you must get out of the way.  Bill, I can't shampoo the rugs with you standing there!"

Any other cat would be scared to death.  Not Bill!  He was right there in the middle of everything!

I wish I could post pictures.  He is so funny.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  Its obvious that you adore Bill, and my guess would be that the feeling is mutual.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

He just showed up and begged me for a treat, so I gave him one!

I put the treats in a thing that has tubes and he digs them out!

Catit Senses 2.0 Cat Digger Cat Toy

BILLS FAVORITE.  He's laying on my chest.  it's storming and he's afraid

Honored Contributor

Image result for gif dog eating watermelon

"Dis is good."

Honored Contributor

Oh boy!  Bill made me happy tonight and he isn't even mine.  Animals are the best!   Heart

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Doesn’t your friend know Bill is in charge of the house? Bill is supervising carpet cleaning and making sure they are clean. 

Does your other kitty lay by you and seek protection from the storms?

Honored Contributor

The other cat (Katie) is afraid of everything and everyone!  My family has never seen her and they've been my babies for about 4 or more years!  

I adopted them together because (supposedly) they were brother and sister.  I never believed it but I wanted 2 so I brought them both home.  

Katie is my weather predictor.  Way before it storms, she hides.  She's scared to death of any bad weather.  She won't let me get close to her.  The only time I get to pet and love her is 'sometimes' when I'm laying in bed she'll come and lay next to me.  If I even twitch she runs off of the bed!

Everyone says, "I would have a cat like that".  I also hear, "It's a good thing you have her because no one would put up with a cat like her".  What the hay?

GOD loans us animals to love and care for.  We don't own them, they are on loan TO us.  I feel sorry for her because it must be terrible to be so afraid so much.

She really, really loves Bill and he puts up with her always wanting to groom and lay next to him.  If she's out of sight for too long he'll call to her (she ignores him)...Ha!

It is very, very difficult when I have to catch her to get her to the vet.  She's soon going to get her teeth cleaned and some will have to be pulled.  My vet checked her and already knows what he has to do.  

My best friend (one of them)is the Vet's nurse.  She goes above and beyond with my furbabies.  We have to try to catch Katie and put her in a room (with Bill) overnight so when my friend comes and gets her to take her to work to get medical care, (at 6:30AM) she can catch her.  Sometimes it works.....sometimes we can't catch her.

We've tried everything (pheromones, etc) nothing helps.  It's just the way Katie is.  She has a wonderful life here.  No children, no other adults, big house, two levels. lots of her favorite food, and even the screened in back porch (lots of birds, squirrels to watch).

She's a beautiful black and white cat with long fur (total opposite of Bill).

He'd rather be with me 24 hours a day.  He just left from sitting on my chest (yes my chest, right under my chin) and is now on a pillow next to me.  If I'm home, he's next to me somewhere.

I've been Mom to many cats, but none is as amazing as Bill.  I named him after my late husband and the girl is after my daughter.  She goes crazy when she stays with me because she says, "I don't know who you're talking to".

Bill is due for his shot (he eats prescription food).  He had kidney stones which male cats sometimes get.

Katie eats regular cat food.  But she always wants to overeat and when she does she vomits up.  She pretty much ruined my wall to wall carpeting.  I was ready to have it replaced when my same friend used a professional carpet cleaner and it worked miracles.

I am saying all of this because I know many of you are furbaby mom's and know exactly what I'm talking about.

My daughter (in Denver) adopted a dog last year.  Her name is Luna.  She's amazing and the love she gives everyone is also amazing!  My daughter is lucky where she lives because Colorado is a state where they (the people) love their dogs.  She can take Luna into a lot of places in Va would never be allowed.

Luna goes fishing (she sits on the paddleboard with my daughter) and they fish (she throws the fish back).  She has her own life vest.

Luna goes skiing too.  She has all of the gear to keep her warm.  I didn't know they make a wax to put on the dog's feet to keep it from freezing and getting dry, etc.

She has her own backpack when they go hiking.   My daughter's boyfriend lives near and he takes her skateboarding, etc.

They all live a life many people dream about.  My daughter works from home so Luna is a happy girl.  It's easy for my daughter to have 'walkers' come and Doggie Daycare.  

I have learned so much about dogs and some of the neat things offered for them (at least in Colorado).

We are all lucky that GOD has given us all animals to love and care for but they are on loan.  

Anyone who doesn't understand that needs (as they say) "a re-boot".  Right?  Ha!  Love you guys!

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

where was Bill that someone asked if he's home yet?

what does your daughter do that she works at home?