Respected Contributor

Animal Planet’s: Amanda to the Rescue

I just watched first couple episodes, and sooooo good- Its totally heartwarming, but also intelligent, adorable and funny!  It shows the best in people, and boy, do we need more of that everywhere!! Catch it, and share your opinion!  ❣️❣️❣️

Honored Contributor

Re: Animal Planet’s: Amanda to the Rescue

Thanks for telling us about this.  I just set it up to record and look forward to watching it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 99.99% percent positive I've seen Amanda on a different show taking in temporarily a little boy from some foreign country who was born with no eyes. She was so wonderful with him. He did find a permanent home with a family. I'm not sure think it might have been that show called Bizarre something or other about people burn with unusual and often debilitating physical issues. It follows the help and care they receive to make their lives much better.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21

Yes, I LOVE this show & really admire the work she does along with her family & the other volunteers.

I was very saddened by the story last night of the swimmers syndrome dog Splat. I felt so bad for him. I can't seem to get his little face out of my mind.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chili, Totally agree, It was very sad But, I love how they handled it with their teens, a bucket list for the dog!  And the day after, when the teens cheered up Amanda with pancakes in bed-  sad, but yet emotionally healthy and heartwarming- 

Esteemed Contributor

Like the rest of you, I love this new show.  Amanda and her family are wonderful people!

Respected Contributor

I also love this new show on Animal Planet.  Their boxer, Duncan, is a miracle dog with only his 2 front legs.  Last night I even watched a rerun I had already seen.  Looking forward to more dogs being saved by this amazing group of people.  RIP, little Splat. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm 99.99% percent positive I've seen Amanda on a different show taking in temporarily a little boy from some foreign country who was born with no eyes. She was so wonderful with him. He did find a permanent home with a family. I'm not sure think it might have been that show called Bizarre something or other about people burn with unusual and often debilitating physical issues. It follows the help and care they receive to make their lives much better.

@shaggygirl, It's the same Amanda!😊

Search for these titles, or copy and paste the links, to read the articles:

December 2015 -- "Chinese orphan gets special Christmas wish"

columbian.com/news/2015/dec/22/chinese-orphan-gets-special-christmas-wish/

To learn more about Amanda:

October 2018 -- "Amanda Giese is longtime fan of the underdog"

chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-tns-bc-tv-tinsel-20181022-story.html

She's an incredibly accomplished and motivated person, admirable, inspirational, and so compassionate.    Her emotions jump through the tv screen and into my heart.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I just watched first couple episodes, and sooooo good- Its totally heartwarming, but also intelligent, adorable and funny!  It shows the best in people, and boy, do we need more of that everywhere!! Catch it, and share your opinion!  ❣️❣️❣️

Agree with everything you said @Skyegirl21.

One of THE best new shows imo!