Esteemed Contributor

An Historic Dat In The Goldenlocks Household

Today, June 13rh, at approximately 0647 (I was half asleepWoman Embarassed) Master Eddy actually requested a second helping of kibble!!!!!

Since the beginning of time (mine and Eddy's) Master Eddy never, ever liked kibble - and I've tried the all!!!Woman Frustrated  I've had to doctor them up with veggie, cheese, etc. to get him to eat it.

Yesterday, he went without eating all day 'cause he didn't want his kibble, regardless of how it was enhanced.  Then I got him to eat some at new kibble by hand feeding the hearts and bones (that's how it comes).  After minimal hesitation he finished his serrving.

This morning, I placed a bowl of the new kibble down and walked away.  He not only devoured it but requested more!!!!Woman Surprised. Got the Gentle Giant kibble from Chewy thinking yeah, Eddy wont eat it, despite review stating 'only thing my dog will eat', etc.  Well, I finally found a kibble Eddy will eat:  truly a day in history to celebrate!!!  (Those of you who have picky eaters will understand!)

Well, have a great day!!!  Eddy and I areWoman Wink!

Honored Contributor

Re: An Historic Dat In The Goldenlocks Household

@eddyandme Yay! What great news!

Honored Contributor

Re: An Historic Day In The Goldenlocks Household

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme 

OMG ...  What a relief!    Congrats on surviving the ordeal!  Woman LOL

I recall an article about cats' eating habits shortly after I got Bogey.   Of course, I purchased a variety of different wet foods and was baffled by his "picky-ness".   He would eat one brand of turkey, but not another.  Same with tuna.  His brand preferences were all over the place and I was just trying to find a few favorites for variety on an ongoing basis.

Well, the explanation was short and rather obvious:   

Q - Why does your cat like one brand of tuna and not another? 

A - Because the RECIPES are different and one appeals more than another.   It's just like you & your neighbor each making a tuna casserole .... they won't taste the same because they're different recipes.   

Oh yeah  ... duh.   

Well, at least you finally found the right one for Master Eddy.   Heart

Honored Contributor

If Eddy is like my dogs hell love it today but won't touch it by next week.  They want constant new tastes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

If Eddy is like my dogs hell love it today but won't touch it by next week.  They want constant new tastes. 

Most likely Eddy is just like your dogs, @Kachina624 .  But, I'm hoping this time he'll stick with it.  I usually add a protein, a little meat, chicken, fish or veggie for his lunch to change it out and hide his bone supplement.

He pulls the love it/hate it with his treats - alwaysWoman Frustrated!  He'll only eat Nudges, but that might change as Began's used to be his fave and now he won't touch them.

Our furbabies are certainly picky!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @Tinkrbl44 !

My BFF passed this January.  Grayson, her furbaby, would only eat salmon - and only one brand of canned salmon which she bought by the case from Chewy.  Now her daughters are feeding Grayson and he now eats anything!!!  Go figure!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Yes, @Tinkrbl44 !

My BFF passed this January.  Grayson, her furbaby, would only eat salmon - and only one brand of canned salmon which she bought by the case from Chewy.  Now her daughters are feeding Grayson and he now eats anything!!!  Go figure!

@eddyandme 

He probably got sick of salmon!  LOL  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Yes, @Tinkrbl44 !

@eddyandme 

He probably got sick of salmon!  LOL  Woman LOL

Grayson would never catch a mouse (though Eddy wouldWoman LOL) and she or her daughters would have to snag it.  Perhaps now, he won't run from them but catch the instruder! LOL!!!