Honored Contributor

Re: Am I doing right by my old cat?

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have to wonder what some of the posters would be saying if the OP had said her son was bringing the grandchildren.  Older pets could have the same reaction to a couple active kids running atound.  What if the OP was going to visit her son, would she not have to board the cat?

Bording facilities are full of pets from homes that are having human house guests.  The host is looking out for what is best for their pet. Think the OP is doing the same here.

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have to wonder what some of the posters would be saying if the OP had said her son was bringing the grandchildren.  Older pets could have the same reaction to a couple active kids running atound.  What if the OP was going to visit her son, would she not have to board the cat?

Bording facilities are full of pets from homes that are having human house guests.  The host is looking out for what is best for their pet. Think the OP is doing the same here.

Yep, I suppose one could 'what if' this situation up the wazoo, but all the what ifs in the world are just that. hypothetical. The situation is what it is and given what it is, the cat should stay in its own home.

What I am saying is that the OP is doing what she thinks is best for her cat given the situation.  You may not agree and that is fine.  I trust that she loves and cares for the cat and is looking out for his best interest.  No need for many of the nasty comments posted here. 

I understand your point of view, but the simple fact is that when you ask for opinions you're going to get them and you might not like all of them you get. The OP was clearly seeking respondents to sanction her choice. That isn't what occurred. The majority of those posting felt her proposed solution to the situation was unfortunate. 

So then I guess you all feel she deserved all this nastiness and redicule. 

Well Merry Christmas to you.

I think she deserved the honest opinions she requested...

And Merry Christmas to you too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@house_cat 

Maybe I missed it ....  but what did you decide to do?

@Tinkrbl44  Hoping to be wrong but based on her not having returned to post, though clearly continuing to follow the thread and heart certain posts... one could guess she opted to stick with her original plan. Had she done otherwise, and considering the preponderance of opinions here thought it was a bad idea, one might assume she'd have returned to say she thought better of it and opted to leave the cat where it belongs, which is at home.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If she boards her 14 year old cat she is not doing what is best for the cat. She is doing what her son wants her to do. If anyone is at fault here it is the son who is selfishly bringing his dogs and taking the easy way out. My friends who have dogs have dog and house sitters who are trusted to tend to the dogs while they are away. No way in h--l would I board my elderly cat to make room for dogs. Dogs do better with boarding. Iam floored that she would even consider this option.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and baiting

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for further commenting.