Honored Contributor

Re: Alternative to doggie steps

Hi @eddyandme

Fingers crossed you find something that works and isn't priced sky-high!

For me, knowing my current dog and past dogs all had the freedom and/or ability to get up on the bed on their own without my having to help them up or down was a good feeling.  I'm slave enough to them without adding one more action to it!  Woman LOL  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @GingerPeach.  His inability to jump is a result of abuse he sustained.  He's gotten so much better and, hopefully someday, he'll be able to jump up.  Since last summer he's been able to jump up to catch a ball; unfortunately the bed is a lot higher.  Think if I can find something just to give a six to eight inch boost, it'll solve our problem.  He's sixty-four pounds of muscle right now so I just can't lift him.

He's been with me since 2016.  It's taken a while for him to become himself.  Last summer he suddenly became a digger.  The past couple of months he suddenly no longer wanted to sleep in his bed next to mine.  And now we share a queen-size bed, i.e., he gets two-thirds (ha,ha!).  We'll find something to work.  Keeps me on my toes!

Thanx!  and, Eddy says thank you, too! (woof,woofHeart)

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme

Hi,

I'm doing some shopping on the Chewy site and they also have ramps, with free shipping.  Woman Happy

Pet Gear Step & Ramp Combination, ChocolateSolvit Wood Bedside Ramp for Dogs & Cats

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx, @GingerPeach.  The right ramp seems almost doable, but not enough space at the top - might be off-putting to Eddy.

I also saw some "Soft Leather Folding Steps" by Weebo on amazonsmile - thinking maybe it might work - he'd had something soft to jump off to and so far I can give him a boost.  Don't know how well he can do a ramp at this point.  He can do stairs now but want something wider than what I've seen so far.

Also plan t goto Chewy and check out their site - love Chewy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I know, @eddyandme

When I got mine all those years ago, the top portion was almost as wide as the ramp part.  I don't understand why they don't give the dogs more space at the top.  It puzzles me.  

Anyway, good luck. I just clicked place order!  Always nice to get stuff, even if it's just biodegradable doggy waste bags and flea treatment.