Honored Contributor

Something about this has previously been posted I think, but I received a new email about it today and thought I would share.

Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

You're getting this alert because you signed up on our website and asked to be notified. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

After posting 2 recalls in 4 weeks, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is now warning consumers to avoid buying or feeding ALL pig ears pet treats.

The outbreak of human Salmonella caused by exposure to the contaminated treats has now spread to 33 states.

To learn which states are included in the outbreak, please visit the following link:

FDA: Do Not Buy or Feed ANY Pig Ears Pet Treats

Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you for the update, I've been following this subject.

Kingston wasn't too happy when he saw me throw his pig ears away, though!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Pig's ears for dogs can be the actual pig's ear or made from pork and formed into an ear.  They are high in fat.

Some are made in China.

It seems over the years, I frequently heard pigs' ears cause problems to dogs and their owners.  Never gave or give them or pork products to my dogs.  .  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Haven't seen you in a while and wanted to say HI!  

Hope you and your family are all well.

Thank you for posting.  We had a dog named Scout who stole a pork chop from a neighbor and got pancreatitis.  We almost lost her.  Since then, we never feed our animals  anything pork. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Haven't seen you in a while and wanted to say HI!  

Hope you and your family are all well.

Thank you for posting.  We had a dog named Scout who stole a pork chop from a neighbor and got pancreatitis.  We almost lost her.  Since then, we never feed our animals  anything pork. 

Hi @Drythe !  I was going through my saved notes yesterday on my computer and saw the "Ode To Henry" that you wrote.  I do love that.

I'm glad you didn't lose your dog.  I'm sure that was very scary.  I didn't realize pork was bad for a dog but have never fed it to any of mine.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I stopped at bj's yesterday, i saw packages of pig ears for sale, i did not look at them,so do not know where they are from, but i thought it was all pig ears.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I stopped at bj's yesterday, i saw packages of pig ears for sale, i did not look at them,so do not know where they are from, but i thought it was all pig ears.

@goldensrbest   I said all pigs ears were recalled, but I guess it's really just that the FDA advises not to purchase or give any pig's ears.  Here is a quote from my OP.

After posting 2 recalls in 4 weeks, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration is now warning consumers to avoid buying or feeding ALL pig ears pet treats.

The outbreak of human Salmonella caused by exposure to the contaminated treats has now spread to 33 states.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: All Pigs Ears Recalled

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

UPDATE I see they have been recalled,from dog food advisor.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.