Trusted Contributor

Re: All Occupants - both human and feline - of the Hemingway House are SAFE!

I'm so glad all is well. I live in FT Ld and the storm was the most frightening I have ever lived through and I am here 40 years. Most of those cats go outisde so trying to round up that amout of cats to take to a shelter is impossible not to mention most shelters wouldn't take them. When we thought of possibly evacuaitng our house no shelters wanted our cat and we also care for a feral cat.We stayed in our home but we caught and boared the feral cat which for 4 days was $303.00. They take good care of those cats and did the best they could at a most horrific time and I am grateful as heck for them. Many cruel people just left their pets abandoned,they didn't do that.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: All Occupants - both human and feline - of the Hemingway House are SAFE!

beauty junkie wrote:

I'm so glad all is well. I live in FT Ld and the storm was the most frightening I have ever lived through and I am here 40 years. Most of those cats go outisde so trying to round up that amout of cats to take to a shelter is impossible not to mention most shelters wouldn't take them. When we thought of possibly evacuaitng our house no shelters wanted our cat and we also care for a feral cat.We stayed in our home but we caught and boared the feral cat which for 4 days was $303.00. They take good care of those cats and did the best they could at a most horrific time and I am grateful as heck for them. Many cruel people just left their pets abandoned,they didn't do that.

Well said,my dear friend!HeartWoman Happy

(((((beauty)))))

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=