Honored Contributor

Re: All I did was just take out the trash..........

OP, it sounds like YOU have been adopted .... but get the dog some decent dog food .... his nutritional needs are different than yours.   You can feed him people food to keep him alive, but that doesn't mean he's getting the nutrients he needs.

Esteemed Contributor

To Someone has to have a scanner for you to see if he is microchipped. They may even come to your home. A rescue or vet should have one. Do you have a lost dogs Facebook page for your area to post a found dog. After all of that you may have just found a new friend.
Respected Contributor

Hello, forrestwolf. Smiley Happy

Congratulations on your new pup! Smiley Very Happy

To anyone else asking who may not have read all the replies in this thread, forrestwolf said that a neighbor of hers saw the puppy being tossed out of a truck and then abandoned. Suffice to say, no one wants this little pup.......all the better for forrestwolf, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

If this puppy was indeed thrown out of a truck, then it's irrelevant if he has a microchip, because no way should he ever go back to his original owners.

Forrestwolf, I have no doubt that your beloved Savannah had a paw in this and made sure that the puppy ended up with you.

If possible, please post a photo of little Wolfgang, as we'd all love to see him.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Forrestwolf, please update us on how you and Wolfgang are doing...

Super Contributor

I just love this story! So happy he found you! Sounds like he hit the jackpot- and you did too! Furbabies add so much to our lives! Wishing you happy times with Wolfgang!
Esteemed Contributor

@forrestwolf  Hello!  I hope things are going smoothly with you and your new friend.  I am sure that most of us that have posted here would love to hear how things are going. 

If for some reason it didn't work out, please let us know!  We care and believe me, there is no judgement here. 

However this turns out, I am sure you did the right thing for you and Wolfgang!

Please, let us know.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well......I just posted a follow up, but it did not take, nor did it save it....So, here goes again....I am sorry that I have not responded, but my plate has been full, between my dad, and work, and a new puppy....All three have been a handful...Wolfgang went to the vet last Friday, and he is an Aussie mix, and has some teeth that never came in, and some not fully errupted...(but my skin says differently)....He was aged, at just less than a year old...He weighs 35 lbs, and not expected to grown any more, unless I make him FAT!!! He has no socialization skills, and I am working on that...He atacks me in the middle of the night, just for touches and belly rubs..I am having a hard time training him to the doggie door, and until I can train him to that, then I can not train him to the Invisible fence....I want to get him trained to stay at home, but that is a little hard right now...Ants were getting into his food on the front porch, so I am leaving my door where he can push it open, and the garage door just open, so he can get under it without allowing too much available to my house...He is just a bit destructive, but I am shutting doors that I never have..Savannah trained to the doggie door, and Invisible Fence within 24-48 hours, as well as potty training, and at least, he is potty trained...He is just sooooo wanting attention and touch, which he is getting from me....He does not understand ANY toys, and that is a problem as well, as I feel he would be less destructive if he could play with toys...He brought home a mini Chihuahua home a couple of days ago, and I know who it belongs to, and today the mini has been in the house eating food, as NO WAY will I let an animal go hungry....He does do very well on a leash, now that I have him trained on a collar...He is a work in progress, and for now...I am sooo working with him....He does pout to NO...He is also very protective of the mini, but thinks he is that size, as comes charging in and jumps in my lap, regardless of whether there is a computer in it or not....I am just not used to the destruction, and jumping in my lap, and my skin loss and wounds...but again..I know he is a work in progress.....

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

@forrestwolf

Girl, I am sorry that Wolfgang is a handful.  God knows what his life was like before he was sent your way.  I imagine he wasn't fed properly given the dental issues and I'm sure there was no thought for socialization at the proper age so you have a wild child on your hands.  Savannah knew love from the get, Wolfgang just don't know how to act.  You've got alot to 'get out of him' and alot to 'get into him', like a knowledge that he doesn't have to fear, food will be available, etc.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise