Honored Contributor

Ahhhh! Springtime in Va/DC/Md!

It's a beautiful time of year on the East Coast in Virginia.  

Already my screened back porch has a yellow hue all over everything!

I'm sitting here in the TV room and Bill the cat is laying stretched out on the back of the couch.

His snoring is very loud.  His nose is running, he has a runny eye....all symptoms of allergies.

My friend is coming over on Saturday.  She'll bring her stethoscope (she works for my Vet) and make sure he isn't congested.

I know I'm lucky to have her for such a good friend.  Otherwise I'd be taking him in to the Vet.

My daughter (she lives in Denver) had to take her dog into the Vet yesterday (running eye).  She got an antibiotic and eye drops.  She said, "Try putting eye drops in this dog's eye".  

Actually Luna (the log's name) lays over on her side with her head tilted (she's been trained) but my daughter STILL needs help.

Are any of you other moms of furbabies experiencing allergies yet?  Bill loves sunning on the back porch but I've had to limit his time outdoors.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so maybe it will wash some of it away (for a short time).

Anyone else dealing with these issues?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ahhhh! Springtime in Va/DC/Md!

I am fortunate that my babies are not bothered by the pollen, but one of my girls has excessive mucus in her eyes everyday, several time a day.  I have to wipe  her eyes constantly. 

The Vet said there is nothing wrong with her

Honored Contributor

Re: Ahhhh! Springtime in Va/DC/Md!

@Annabellethecat66 

My dog has bad symptoms every Spring.  Congestion, runny nose, tearing, constant sneezing, pretty miserable just like humans.

Don't know about cats, but the vet put her on an antihistamine for a few months.  If that hadn't worked, allergy testing, then injections to boost her immune system.  I had them and they do work very well.  

The antihistamine did work and fortunately doesn't experience sleepiness so common with this medication.