Honored Contributor

Re: Adopted a beautiful Cavalier

@Carmie- I've only just seen this thread, but I wanted to congratulate you on your newest addition to the family.  It's wonderful to read stories like this, especially now.

I hope you have many years of love and fun with both of your of your new furbabies.  Natalie clearly needed a loving home and she's found one and I'm sure the company of your other Cavalier will help.  Hoping the vet visit goes well.

Regular Contributor

Re: Adopted a beautiful Cavalier

Oh no.  That's really too bad about her feeding/picky eater problems.  I'm afraid I have no advice as I've always had the opposite situation.  Current dog and past dogs would eat anything and everything and so over feeding and indulging can easily become a problem.

When we first brought Mosey home from the shelter she had just been spayed.  She was not interested in food the first couple days because she was in pain and recuperating.  My vet suggested heating her food in the microwave for a few seconds, even if it was just kibble with a little water.  He said the smell of it warm from heating might entice her and he was right.