Respected Contributor

Re: Adopted a beautiful Cavalier

i am so happy for you @Carmie .  what are their names?  i have a 4 yr. old ruby and she is the love of my life.  i am just so happy for you !!! 

Esteemed Contributor

How sweet!  Kisses to the new mon and baby.  I was involved in rescue and boy could I fatten them up.  And toys!  And rides!  She will have a fine life now.

Respected Contributor

Congrats to you on the newest member to your family. BTW, that's my sister's dream dog.

Trusted Contributor

@CarmieYour story brought tears to my eyes about the neglect your new baby experienced,  but her new life with you and your husband is a match made in Heaven.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie   Sounds like you all hit the JACKPOT!   OMG... I am BEYOND THRILLED for you, your husband and Natalie.  It was meant to be.  The breeder deserves a high five too for thinking of you and this sweet poor puppy.  Sending lot of HUGS your way.  You will give that baby so much love and nourish her to her ideal weight.  Such a lucky baby.   I can feel the smile on your face and love in your heart.....  what a wonderful match.  She knows she is meant to be with you.  

Respected Contributor

Congratulations - what a happy story!  She will be so happy in her new home!

Esteemed Contributor

@TVLand To answer your question - male vs female.  Kind of funny - when we shopped for a dog twice........my husband said..........get a female - they are easier !

Thought a very profound 'admission'.

(to house train - whatever ?)

Honored Contributor

A happy story, so glad to read this, dogs are amazing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I think Natalie is the perfect name for your Cavalier. Please post a pic when you can of both your babies. 

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations on your newest family member! I don't have a Cavalier, I have a Springer. There's something about those spaniels, I have such a weak spot for them. I think it's their eyes. Enjoy your new baby.